Allergies to certain foods may manifest themselves in ways that you might not expect. Health problems such as migraines, IBS, arthritis, asthma, sinusitis, ear infections, psoriasis, eczema, fatigue and more can be symptoms of allergic reactions to food. The only way to know for certain is through comprehensive food allergy tests in Arlington.
A food allergy is an immune system reaction. The body reacts to specific foods by producing antibodies against them that can be mild or serious. Some reactions are immediate and potentially life-threatening and others have a delayed reaction that shows up to 2 days later.
Common food allergens include eggs, peanuts and gluten. Others may be corn, soy, chocolate, beans, other nuts, yeast and citrus fruits. There are 3 primary options for testing for these and other allergens:
- The most common form of allergy testing are skin prick tests. While very effective for respiratory allergy testing, they do not work as well for food allergies.
- An allergy elimination diet can be completed at home and is quite accurate but is time consuming and detailed.
- Blood antibody testing covers 100 or more foods and is more easily completed than an elimination diet.
Avoidance of foods found to be allergic is the best way to treat a food allergy. A rotation diet may also be implemented. A number of natural supplements can be added to daily meal plans to help heal food allergies and reduce sensitivity to allergens.
For guidance about your possible food allergies, contact McQuinn Naturopathic at (425)905-2487. We will be happy to schedule you for food allergy tests in Arlington.
No matter what the cause, whether environmental or genetic, diabetes diagnoses have reached epidemic levels in the United States and elsewhere around the world. Currently, around 24 million people in the US have been diagnosed with diabetes and 47 million with prediabetes. If left untreated, diabetes can and will kill. It is often unnecessary for some individuals to rely on prescription medication. Wonderful results have been documented with naturopathic diabetes treatment in Monroe.
There are 3 types of diabetes:
- Gestational – Diabetes is diagnosed during pregnancy. It may disappear after delivery or may continue beyond delivery.
- Type 1 Diabetes – An auto-immune disorder that destroys cells in the pancreas.
- Type 2 Diabetes – The most common form is the body’s resistance to insulin.
Naturopathic solutions are highly individualized and address diet issues and nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalances and environmental toxins.
A physical examination by a naturopathic physician will include testing cholesterol levels, the function of liver and kidneys and blood sugar monitoring, as well as any other tests deemed necessary.
Recommendations may include a specifically low carbohydrate diet and foods that encourage healthy blood sugar levels. An exercise plan also helps to regulate blood sugar. Vitamin and mineral supplementation lower glucose levels and further encourage the body to operate functionally.
Some patients may benefit from standard prescriptions, may be required to begin a medication regimen or, due to effective naturopathic intervention, may be able to reduce or totally eliminate medications. Your naturopathic physician will monitor this closely.
For safe and effective recommendations for your diabetes, call McQuinn Naturopathic at (425)905-2487 to schedule a personal consultation and evaluation for diabetes treatment in Monroe.
There has been a great deal of press lately, and justifiably so, about prescription drug abuse. For those individuals who suffer daily with chronic pain issues, it may seem like addictive medications are the only solution. That is simply untrue. If you live with chronically debilitating pain from any number of sources, it is worth your time to investigate naturopathic pain management treatment in Marysville.
A medical professional who specializes in natural pain relief may offer the following options:
- Muscle and joint pain may be addressed with regenerative injection therapy, which are injections of vitamins, anesthetics and other solutions that target the area of concern.
- Manual manipulation or chiropractic practices ease aching muscles with pressure and steady, rhythmic movement.
- Centuries old acupuncture restores balance in the body to offer pain relief.
- Therapeutic manipulation of cranial joints aka craniosacral therapy and muscle energy techniques regulate cerebrospinal fluid flow and blood flow throughout the body.
- Following a specially designed anti-inflammatory diet that contains minerals, vitamins and other nutrients encourages better health and eliminates food that may exacerbate your problem.
- Body massage loosens tension in stiff and uncomfortable body points.
- Meditation and yoga are excellent ways to relieve stress that constant pain can cause.
- Careful stretching and moderate exercise help to alleviate pain.
Get welcome relief from constant pain in a purely natural way with pain management treatment in Marysville from McQuinn Naturopathic. Call for an appointment today at (425)905-2487. Feel pain relief without the often nasty side effects and addictive qualities of prescription medication.