From Cleveland Clinic
February is American Heart Month. Follow these tips to keep your heart in good health.
- Eat healthy fats, NOT trans fats
- Practice good dental hygiene (especially flossing your teeth daily)
- Get enough sleep
- Don’t sit for too long at one time
- Avoid secondhand smoke like the plague
In Addition, We Recommend:
- Annual exam with your doctor
- Annual labs including blood count, liver/kidney function, lipids, diabetes check, thyroid function, and Vitamin D
- In patients with higher cardiovascular risk also looking at inflammation and advanced lipid panels
- Ensuring proper levels of aerobic exercise
For more questions about how you can take the best care of your heart, mind, and body, contact McQuinn Naturopathic at (425)905-2410.