As we are becoming more and more aware, Alzheimer’s disease is becoming shockingly prevalent in the US and throughout the world. In fact, it is number 6 in the top causes of death in the United States alone. Unfortunately, there is no cure, but there are a number of alternative medical treatments available for Alzheimer’s in Everett that show tremendous promise for reducing symptoms and extending a more well-meaning life. This is a great benefit to those who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and for the family and friends who love them.
- Cognitive decline is significantly reduced with the addition of Omega-3 fatty acids like those found in fish oil, eggs and organ meats such as liver.
- Careful supplementation of Vitamin E helps Alzheimer’s patients better perform daily routine tasks and functions. Close medical supervision is required. Foods high in vitamin E are nuts and seeds, mangoes, greens and broccoli.
- Following a Mediterranean diet (fish, whole grains, fruits, healthy oils and nuts) benefits the heart and brain.
- Physical activity in some fashion also slows cognitive decline, along with providing heart-healthy benefits.
- Sensory activities like drama, music, dance and art offer ways to communicate and relax.
- Acupuncture lessens symptoms of depression and anxiety and increases cognitive function.
To learn how we can help your loved one with Alzheimer’s in Everett enjoy a better quality of life and continue to interact with your family, speak with one of our medical professionals at McQuinn Naturopathic at (425)905-2487 to schedule a consultation. We have an excellent record of success treating patients with Alzheimer’s with natural remedies.