The traditional and most widely accepted treatment to lower blood pressure is with prescribed medication from a physician. However, there are several steps that you can take to control your blood pressure that may delay, reduce or even avoid drugs that often have unpleasant side effects. Let’s examine naturopathic blood pressure treatment in Arlington:
- Losing only 10 pounds can significantly reduce your blood pressure. Being overweight is closely tied to high blood pressure so dropping excess weight will prove beneficial for overall health.
- Exercising on a regular basis in the form of swimming, walking, bicycling, jogging or dancing is highly effective in reducing blood pressure. Optimally, exercise should last 30 minutes for 5-7 days per week.
- Following the DASH diet (dietary approaches to stop hypertension) by eating low-fat dairy, whole grains, fruits and vegetables and lowering amounts of cholesterol and saturated fat will meaningfully lower your blood pressure.
- Limiting sodium is good for everyone, not just individuals with high blood pressure. Strive for less than 1,500 mg per day.
- Small amounts of alcohol can actually help blood pressure readings, while more than one drink per day will increase them.
- Stop smoking for better health.
- Reduce stress levels with meditation, yoga or another activity that you enjoy.
- Monitor blood pressure readings at home and with a professional naturopathic physician to remain aware of what causes spikes.
For more information on how to safely and effectually control blood pressure, call the team at McQuinn Naturopathic at (425)905-2487. We will guide you successfully through blood pressure treatment in Arlington.
Who doesn’t need more energy? Very few people, that’s for certain. The average person who eats within standard limits, remains hydrated, sleeps an adequate amount and exercises should have plenty of energy. Unfortunately, the majority of the population cannot meet all of these requirements at once and, as a result, lack the energy just to make it through each day. One solution for this problem is supplemental vitamin B12 injections in Monroe.
While some individuals have medical conditions that cause a significant lack of B12, most people just have lower average levels of the important vitamin that maintains healthy nerve and blood cells and creates DNA. The only way to know for sure is to have a blood test. Those who are shown to be truly deficient will benefit from supplementation of B12. Since this vitamin is water soluble, the body effectively eliminates any excess so it is completely safe.
Additional reasons for a deficiency in B12 may be because of Chron’s disease, Celiac disease, alcohol abusers or being vegan or vegetarian. Symptoms of deficiency include memory loss, fatigue, changes in mood, numbness and/or tingling in the fingers and toes, a sore tongue and trouble walking normally. However, a medical evaluation and accompanying lab work are necessary for a proper diagnosis. Don’t resort to self-evaluation. It is worth your time to seek professional guidance when it concerns your health.
Call the medical team at McQuinn Naturopathic Clinic at (425)905-2487 for additional information about vitamin B12 injections in Monroe or to schedule an appointment.
Diabetes is running rampant today, as evidenced by the 24 million Americans who suffer from this terrible disease. Even more disturbing is the fact that there are more than 47 million Americans who have symptoms of pre-diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is the most common, affecting 90-95% of individuals. Causes can typically be controlled and consist of obesity, lack of exercise, poor dietary habits, lack of nutritious food and excess fat and sugar consumption. There may be a solution for this problem that has not been previously considered – naturopathic diabetes treatment in Marysville.
A naturopathic physician will conduct a thorough examination of your lifestyle and eating habits and explore potential explanations for your diabetes diagnosis. Included will be a physical, laboratory testing, cholesterol levels, anemia screening, evaluation of liver and kidney function and blood sugar monitoring. Depending upon your specific circumstances, the naturopath may also check vitamin D levels, cardiac risk, toxemia, thyroid, adrenal and reproductive hormonal disproportions.
Recommendations for the improvement of your overall health can be life-changing. Schooling on a balanced diet that is low in carbohydrates, variety in healthy proteins, beneficial fruits and vegetables and the types of oils that work best for diabetic patients. Exercise will be encouraged each day, as well as ways to manage stress.
Vitamin and mineral supplementation also play an important part in managing diabetes. They not only lower glucose levels and lessen insulin resistance but they lower blood pressure and lipids and reduce inflammation. While prescription medication may still be necessary at first, naturopathic patients are often able to reduce or completely discontinue this therapy after naturopathic treatment.
Call McQuinn Naturopathic at (425)905-2487 to schedule a consultation for diabetes treatment in Marysville.
Those who do not suffer from chronic pain do not have any idea of the suffering involved. It is tempting to turn to pharmaceuticals just for a little bit of relief. However, there are stories in the news every day about addiction to pain medication and deaths resulting from overdose. There is another way to ease pain that does not involve harmful drugs that more and more people are experiencing. Examine the benefits of naturopathic pain management treatment in Everett for back pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia and more.
There are a variety of natural and effective methods that can be utilized for different types of pain and include:
- Massage works well for post-surgical pain, back and neck pain, tension headaches, osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia. This therapy boosts endorphin and serotonin levels which are the body’s natural pain killers.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy relieves stress and help you deal with painful symptoms.
- Acupuncture works well for migraine and tension headaches, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, back pain and sciatica.
- Yoga is highly effective for arthritis, back pain and migraines because it promotes relaxation and enhances the body’s coping mechanisms for pain.
- Meditation lessens all kinds of pain and manages symptoms. Focused breathing is relaxing.
- Tai Chi and Qigong or slow, purposeful movements of each part of the body positively affect arthritis, fibromyalgia and back pain.
- Herbal remedies reduce the inflammation that causes pain. With guidance from a professional, specific herbs and vitamin supplements have shown to be as effective as pain medication.
Call McQuinn Naturopathic for a consultation about pain management treatment in Everett at (425)905-2487.
Fatigue in Monroe is not simply being tired but is often a symptom of an underlying medical issue that should be addressed by a medical professional. Solving the problem may take a little time but the results can be life-changing and enervating.
Here are a few common causes for fatigue that bear consideration. This is only a partial list of possibilities :
- Not enough sleep. Most people require from 7-8 hours per night and few individuals actually accomplish this goal.
- Sleep apnea. This disorder causes the sleeper to stop breathing numerous times throughout the night and severely disrupts sleep patterns. Snoring and snorting generally accompany this condition.
- Eating habits. An unhealthy diet or not enough food is a common culprit.
- Iron deficient anemia. Lack of iron in red blood cells decreases oxygen levels.
- Depression. This is usually more serious than just feeling sad. Intervention is necessary.
- Hypothyroidism or an underactive thyroid gland. This metabolism-regulating gland affects energy levels.
- Excess caffeine consumption. While it may seem that caffeine gives you energy, too much has the opposite effect in most people.
- UTI or urinary tract infection. You may not even be aware that you have one.
- Diabetes. Both high and low blood sugar cause loss of energy.
- Dehydration. Not drinking enough water and other replenishing liquids often leads to fatigue.
For treatment of fatigue in Monroe
the natural way, call McQuinn Naturopathic at (425)905-2487 to make an appointment. Our solutions typically involve change of diet, vitamin and mineral supplements and lifestyle adjustments that are simple to follow and have excellent results.
The differences between a conventional doctor and one who is knowledgeable in naturopathic medicine in Marysville are simple. Usually, a traditional physician focuses more on the symptoms of a medical condition, while a naturopathic doctor treats the source of the problem first. While a medical doctor makes liberal use of medications and surgical techniques, a naturopath takes advantage of treatments that emphasize vitamins, minerals, diet, meditation and other natural remedies.
A naturopathic doctor utilizes 6 important tenets in his or her practice to successfully treat many health issues:
- Do no harm by first emphasizing treatments that do not result in unwanted side effects.
- Recognize the internal power of the body to heal and repair itself with appropriate resources.
- Rather than focusing solely on symptoms of a problem, the source of the issue is addressed first.
- Each person is treated individually according to his specific needs. Focusing on a comprehensive program of healing yields excellent results.
- Patients are educated on their overall health and how to achieve the best solutions and are an integral part of the treatment program.
- Reduce the likelihood of future health problems by optimizing a healthy lifestyle.
A number of people see a naturopathic doctor as their primary care physician. Others have exhausted all traditional forms of treatment for their medical issues or have received substandard care from a medical practitioner.
Locating a reputable naturopathic physician within your metro area is as easy as an internet search. Ensure that the one you choose is a graduate of a program within the Association of Accredited Naturopathic Colleges.
Schedule your appointment at McQuinn Naturopathic for reassuring and effective naturopathic medicine in Marysville by calling (425)905-2487.
IV therapy in Everett or intravenous therapy is highly effective for many medical issues. Since vitamins, nutrients or other substances are directly passed into the bloodstream, effects are realized much more quickly than through other methods. While many individuals are somewhat fearful of needles, know that this treatment is well-tolerated and safer for users than other forms of treatment and has few to no side effects.
Consider utilizing IV therapy for these conditions:
- Acute viral illnesses
- Muscle spasms
- Upper respiratory infections
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Parkinson’s disease
- Allergic rhinitis
- Chronic sinusitis
- Acute injury or muscle strain
- Depression and anxiety
- Elevated cholesterol levels
- High blood pressure
- Digestive problems such as IBS and Crohn’s disease
- PMS or menopause
- Vision problems
Depending upon the results of your medical evaluation, an IV protocol will be developed specifically tailored to your specific needs. Combinations of high-dose vitamins, minerals and antioxidants achieve excellent results for relief of unpleasant and undesirable symptoms of disease without worrying about potential addiction to prescription medication and the accompanying side effects that are almost as bad or sometimes worse than the medical problem itself.
Speak with a qualified member of the medical staff at McQuinn Naturopathic by calling (425)905-2487 about IV therapy in Everett for your health issues and schedule your appointment for a consultation. We would be happy to give you a tour of our facility, discuss your medical concerns and outline a course of treatment designed just for you.
Calling the doctor is the rule rather than the exception when you are sick. However, there is another option for treatment that you may not have previously considered or may not have even been aware of that can provide the relief you seek.
Naturopathic physicians have the required medical training in addition to naturopathic medicine solutions for all types of ailments. The difference is that they treat holistically, or treat the whole person, with natural methods that include overall nutrition, herbal remedies, vitamin supplementation, acupuncture and more, rather than relying solely on medication that often comes with unwelcome side effects. Symptoms of your problem are carefully examined to determine the source and treatment prescribed accordingly. The goal of naturopaths is wellness and drug use only if necessary, which it often is not.
You might look into visiting a naturopathic doctor for the following reasons:
- Chronic conditions like high blood pressure or diabetes. Beneficial treatment usually involves a closely monitored diet and regular exercise.
- Hormonal fluctuations. Women who suffer from PMS or irregular menstrual cycles can find relief from herbal cures and nutritional changes. Blood tests will likely be performed to determine your particular hormone levels for the most appropriate treatment.
- Stomach ailments like irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s and bloating can be treated without medication. Dietary adjustments often substantially reduce or totally eliminate symptoms. The source of your pain will be examined to see if probiotics, fats, carbohydrates or proteins are the culprits to your never-ending discomfort.
- Anxiety or depression. Solutions may include lifestyle changes, stress management, herbal medicine and dietary evaluation and exercise recommendations.
- Acid reflux and heartburn. Few people have not experienced the pain of this common health malady. Antacids are not the only answer. Nutritional modification and addition of specific herbs can dramatically reduce these quite painful problems.
- Autoimmune disorders like lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and celiac disease do not have to be addressed with steroidal treatments. There are a number of popular foods that trigger inflammation and eliminating these from the diet provide welcome relief. Emphasis on vegetables, fish and healthy fats aids in the process and brings back balance to body systems.
- Cancer treatments can be optimized with the addition of naturopathic solutions. Chemotherapy side effects can be minimized and the immune system strengthened with natural remedies. We can effectively work with your oncologist to treat your cancer on all fronts for the best results possible.
Speak with one of the naturopathic professionals at McQuinn Naturopathic today at (425)905-2487 to learn more about natural treatment options for common medical issues. We would be happy to schedule your first appointment at your convenience.
Naturopathic autism treatment in Arlington is a complex undertaking that must be completed only by naturopathic medical professionals. There are ways to deal with this disorder without resorting to harmful chemicals and the unpleasant side effects that often accompany them. Excellent results have been reported with careful administration and monitoring of these alternative solutions. There are 4 distinct targets of natural autism treatment that show great promise:
- Reduce the amount of toxins in the body. Those individuals with autism show greater difficulty in removing detrimental toxins like chemicals, infections, foods and metals from the body.
- When these toxins remain in the body, the potential is higher for allergies and inflammation. This irritation is also present neurologically. The goal is to diminish the different types of toxins that are present to encourage a more normal-functioning system.
- Dietary control and vitamin supplementation aid in decreasing allergies and inflammation and detoxifies or cleanses the body of unwanted contaminants. Since the liver, skin, kidneys and digestive system are keys for detoxification, and these are substantially weakened in persons with autism, the goal is to target these areas specifically to promote natural resistance.
- When the body has effectively eliminated the undesirable toxins, neurological recovery and healing can begin. Improvement in any and all areas of function are welcomed, no matter what the full potential may be for each person.
For additional information about natural autism treatment in Arlington, call McQuinn Naturopathic at (425)905-2487. We would be happy to schedule a consultation to discuss your particular needs and situation.