Did you know that acupuncture in Marysville can boost your efficiency and success at home and work? This ancient therapy has also proven to lessen the emotional and physical impact of stress and an unhealthy work or home environment.
Since most of us lead tremendously busy lives, caring for our health and well-being are often the first things to eliminate to free up more time. This is not wise, and devoting some self-care strategies like acupuncture will help you feel better and be more able to handle the difficulties that life throws at you every day.
Acupuncture provides many benefits for both physical and mental welfare. They include:
- Less stress. This treatment reduces anxiety, improves overall happiness and moderates stress hormones to elevate mood.
- Decreased pain in the joints, back, and neck. Acupuncture is a medication-free solution that reduces inflammation and swelling.
- Headache relief. This also applies to reduce the frequency of migraines and how long they last.
- Fewer eye problems. Eye strain is sometimes related to tension in the neck. Ailments like long- and short-sightedness, glaucoma, cataracts, lazy eye, color and night blindness, and astigmatism can be treated with acupuncture.
- A better developed immune system and fewer sick days. The body’s immune response is boosted, so common medical issues like colds do not last as long, and symptoms are not as debilitating.
- More energy and focus. The amount and quality of sleep are also improved.
- Digestive problem relief. Digestion becomes more regulated.
- Relief from allergies. Acupuncture strengthens the body before the beginning of allergy season and reduces the severity of symptoms.
To learn more about acupuncture in Marysville or to schedule an appointment, call McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487. Let our professionals help you with your health concerns.
It may surprise you to learn that problems with your hips can radiate to other parts of the body and cause even more unwelcome issues with mobility and chronic pain. As the body’s largest ball-and-socket joint, the hip is responsible for a lot of movement, so when there is a problem, it affects almost the entire body. Occasional hip pain from excess activity or exercise is often alleviated with over-the-counter non-steroidal pain relievers. However, when the discomfort is constant and unrelenting, more intervention is required. One option with demonstrated success is prolotherapy for hip pain in Monroe.
If you have suffered from on-going hip pain for a while and have tried conventional treatment options like steroid shots and potentially addictive pain relievers, you may think that your only option is surgery. While there are many individuals who find relief from surgery, there is a lot of risks involved and a long recovery time required.
Prolotherapy offers success with little to no risk and no downtime. Comprehensive studies have shown that this treatment option significantly reduces dependence on pain medication and increases mobility without pain in more than 80% of treated patients.
Candidates for this type of therapy are evaluated based on:
- The condition of the ball of the femur and how it fits into the socket.
- The spacing between the socket and femur.
- How much cartilage or joint space that remains.
- Presence of bone spurs.
For information about prolotherapy for hip pain in Monroe, call McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487. We will schedule you for a private consultation and examination to determine if this innovative treatment will work for your hip problems and outline exactly how the process works. Let us help you feel better fast!
It’s that time of year, Flu season is here. When you are out among the masses at work, school, the bus, the office, and the mall, it can be a challenge to remain healthy and not get a cold or the flu. While no one can completely eliminate your exposure to those who are infected, there are some steps you can take to support your immune system and prevent an outbreak. Check out these suggestions for natural cold & flu prevention and treatment in Marysville.
- WASH YOUR HANDS! That’s right, everyone is tired of hearing this over and over again. However, this is the best way to get rid of nasty germs, providing you scrub for at least 20 seconds. Always wash your hands before touching the mucous membranes in your eyes, mouth, and nose.
- Maintain a healthy gut. Almost 80% of the body’s immune capability is stored in the stomach. Taking a probiotic that has at least 25 billion units can aid in this endeavor and your body will be better able to fight infection.
- Try to reduce the stress in your life. Studies show that stress suppresses your immune system. Try relaxation techniques like deep breathing, yoga, a massage, meditation and acupuncture to alleviate symptoms.
- Drink less alcohol and eat less sugar. Even a light drinker has less immune system function, so consider cutting back. Sugar cravings are a real thing and have devastating effects on the body. Too much sugar affects the immune system by increasing your likelihood of getting gut infections, as well as the flu.
In addition, getting enough rest, taking an immune booster, antioxidants, and vitamin supplements can help. Call McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487 to schedule an appointment to talk about other ways to address cold & flu prevention and treatment in Marysville.
It has taken about 2,000 years, but acupuncture is finally being recognized and accepted as a valid treatment for a variety of ailments, including debilitating arthritis. More and more research is being conducted that shows how effective acupuncture in Arlington can be.
Acupuncture substantially reduces or eliminates pain by releasing tight muscles and restoring them to their resting state through stimulation with thin needles placed in specific places on the body. Natural pain-fighting endorphins are released at the same time, leading to notable results.
Recent research on the subject includes:
- Osteoarthritis or OA – A 2014 JAMA study concluded that people had less pain when treated with acupuncture versus the control group. Even a small benefit may justify exploring this option.
- Rheumatoid arthritis or RA – Studies are inconclusive, yet many patients have noted a great deal of relief.
- Fibromyalgia – Although more research is needed, in a 2014 review in “Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine,” acupuncture worked more effectively than medication for managing the condition.
There is some disagreement about whether acupuncture’s effectiveness is actually due to the treatment itself or there is a placebo effect. Whatever the case, some doctors advocate that it is still worth trying so that patients can experience at least some relief from their painful symptoms.
Benefits from acupuncture may depend on how severe your arthritis or other condition is and how often you receive treatment. Usually, a series of treatments is necessary for optimum results. While Medicare and Medicaid do not cover the cost, there are some insurers who provide at least some acupuncture coverage.
Call McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487 to discuss acupuncture in Arlington and its potential advantages for your arthritis. We will be happy to schedule you for a private consultation.
As a parent, are you concerned about what your child is eating (or not eating) and how it will affect their normal, everyday function? You have a right to be worried, as the prevalence of food additives and preservatives in what we eat is alarming. These chemicals can have numerous side effects that range from stomach upset to neurological disturbances. Schedule an appointment today for pediatric nutrition coaching in Everett to learn how you can help your child eat better and make wiser choices for optimal physical and mental health.
We will explore what specific nutrients your child needs to thrive. All children are different and what works well for one may not be best for another. Considerations will be made for your family lifestyle, ancestry, beliefs, physical activity, and food sensitivities.
Your pediatric nutrition coach will help you develop a personalized program to improve your child’s health and well-being. Included will be information about:
- Disease prevention through appropriate dietary choices
- Increasing energy naturally
- New foods to incorporate in your child’s (and family’s) diet
- Understanding cravings
- The best food and meal selections for your child and which ones to avoid
- Developing a holistic approach to wellness
- Recommendations on ways to encourage healthy food choices
Nutritional counseling can get to the bottom of issues your child may be facing, including eczema, autism, frequent colds or infections, digestive problems, asthma, ADD/ADHD, allergies and autoimmune disorders.
For additional information on naturopathic healthcare options or to make an appointment for a consultation, call McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487. Our naturopathic physicians specialize in treating the source of health issues by focusing on all facets of the patient. Let us help your child with informed pediatric nutrition coaching in Everett.
It’s that time of year to get your child’s sports physical to ensure that he or she is healthy enough to participate in school activities. This vital exam does not take long to complete and is usually quite affordable, in addition to giving you some peace of mind. Your child’s pediatrician or a naturopathic physician can perform pediatric sports physicals in Everett.
During this exam, the medical practitioner will look for anything that might increase your child’s risk of injury during a particular sport or negatively affect their overall health. A sports physical should be performed annually since young bodies are growing all the time and changing just as quickly. The examination also serves as a record of these changes and provides a time to assess issues that may have developed over the past year. It is beneficial to the physician if you offer information about your family history and your child’s medical history for the past 12 months. This includes the dates of illnesses and injuries, the treatments that were initiated and who treated the child.
Your healthcare provider will complete family history, medical history, vision exam, musculoskeletal and height and weight evaluations, as well as cardiac screening and blood pressure and pulse rate testing as part of the sports physical. This is not the same as an annual health exam and should be treated separately. Ideally, the same physician should perform this exam each year to maintain consistency and accuracy of information.
Schedule an appointment for your child’s yearly pediatric sports physicals in Everett today by calling McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487. We have the experience and skill to provide a thorough examination to make sure that your child is healthy enough to participate in school sports this year.
Childhood vaccinations are certainly a hot topic among professionals and parents alike. The number of opinions about the situation definitely exceeds the number of vaccines even offered. The best approach is a knowledge-based one. This is the basis for informed pediatric immunization education in Everett. This strategy emphasizes giving parents all the necessary information, positive and negative, about childhood immunizations and allows them to make the most informed decision about which vaccines would most benefit their child(ren) and determine the most appropriate timeline for administration.
A naturopathic physician will discuss each disease, its symptoms and concerns; the related vaccine(s); its risks and advantages and possible consequences if a child is not immunized. Traditional CDC guidelines are also a part of the conversation and their rationale for specific timing of vaccinations.
It is important to consider these valid points about vaccinating your child(ren):
- Know all the facts before deciding whether or not to vaccinate and when. Knowledge is power. Look at reputable sites online for information, ask your pediatrician or naturopathic physician, read the latest journals, etc. Ask questions about vaccine ingredients, if the virus is “live” and side effects.
- You should have a plan – in writing – about vaccines by the time your child is two months old. Give one copy to your pediatrician and keep one.
We all want what’s best for our children. The hard part is knowing exactly what IS best for them when so many people say so many different things. Embrace pediatric immunization education in Everett from professionals who care. Call McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487 for more information on this important and potentially life-altering event in your family’s life.
People who suffer from migraines are often desperate to find relief from debilitating pain. Acupuncture in Monroe, as part of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), has been utilized for headache treatment for thousands of years. The advantage of this eastern medicine technique is that it does not have unwelcome side effects and the procedure is far less invasive than other methodologies.
There are two distinct areas that benefit from acupuncture for migraine headaches:
- Migraine Relief – As specialized, fine needles are applied to unique points on the body and gentle needle stimulation is initiated, blood flow in the area increases and circulation improves. This is only effective when points on the lower part of the body are treated and avoid over dilating blood vessels in the head.
- Migraine Prevention – The goal in this area is to lessen muscle tension and activate the parasympathetic nervous system (the relaxed state of the nervous system) by using acupuncture mostly on the lower legs and forearms. Other tension points in the neck and upper back are also trigger-points for migraines and can be stimulated to increase the blood flow throughout tense, sore muscles.
Changes in lifestyle can also be of immense help in reducing the frequency and occurrence of migraines. They include:
- Getting enough sleep – at least 7-8 hours daily
- Reducing or eliminating mental and physical exhaustion
- Avoiding caffeine and alcohol (red wine, especially)
- Shunning well-known food migraine causes: chocolate, dairy, wheat, corn, and spices
- Eluding any other triggers that result in a migraine
Contact the team at McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487 to schedule an appointment to discuss your migraines and how acupuncture in Monroe can relieve your pain.
It is no wonder that so many children have problems relating to digestion and inflammation, when there are a myriad of food choices involving refined sugars, processed foods, additives and dyes. A healthy diet can dramatically influence a child’s well-being and make the difference between a kid who is struggling and one who is thriving. It is smart to consult a professional with experience about a pediatric diet in Everett to ensure that your children are eating what they should.
We all know that we should eat adequate sources of protein, fruits and vegetables, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats. This can be challenging when dealing with children, as many are picky eaters. However, it is important to make careful selections over what your children eat so that they can avoid dyes and additives, as well as staying clear of food allergies. A well-balanced nutritional plan also supports healthy bacteria in the gut, which favorably affects mood and actions. A naturopathic physician can help you regulate a suitable diet to maintain your child’s health and encourage positive behavior.
For a child with special needs, like ADD or ADHD or on the autism spectrum, what they eat can affect outlook and behavior. Eliminating trigger foods can significantly alter your child’s overall health and actions for the better.
For assistance in determining an age-appropriate pediatric diet in Everett for your child or children or for questions about food allergies and their relationship to health, call McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487. We have the knowledge and expertise to aid you in doing what’s best for your family through all-natural means. Trust us to take care of your children and the rest of your household.