It is a mystery why some people are so susceptible to colds and the flu while others sail through life with hardly a sick day in their lives. You likely know someone who never (or at least rarely) suffers from weakness, fatigue, a runny nose, sore throat, headache, watery eyes, aches everywhere, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, diarrhea that are classic examples of cold and/or flu symptoms. Although it may be difficult to believe, these issues are the ways the body effectively eliminates toxic wastes that cause harm. There are ways to deal with these uncomfortable problems through naturopathic cold & flu prevention and treatment in Marysville.
Popular over the counter medications, while seeming to relieve symptoms, actually prolong the illness because they reduce the body’s natural healing response mechanisms. To treat the whole body, there are a number of things you can do to feel better quickly and include:
- Eating less food in general and maintaining a diet of alkaline foods such as soup, salad, fruit and vegetables during the first 24 hours. These will neutralize the acidic environment in which viruses and bacteria thrive.
- Rest. Allow your body to do its job to heal itself.
- With guidance from a professional naturopathic doctor, take Oscillococcinum.
- One to three raw garlic cloves chopped up in soup or water are highly effective when taken daily.
- Increasing your vitamin C and beta carotene intake will help the immune system function at optimal levels.
Call McQuinn Naturopathic today at (425)905-2487 to schedule an appointment for cold & flu prevention and treatment in Marysville.