Calling the doctor is the rule rather than the exception when you are sick. However, there is another option for treatment that you may not have previously considered or may not have even been aware of that can provide the relief you seek.
Naturopathic physicians have the required medical training in addition to naturopathic medicine solutions for all types of ailments. The difference is that they treat holistically, or treat the whole person, with natural methods that include overall nutrition, herbal remedies, vitamin supplementation, acupuncture and more, rather than relying solely on medication that often comes with unwelcome side effects. Symptoms of your problem are carefully examined to determine the source and treatment prescribed accordingly. The goal of naturopaths is wellness and drug use only if necessary, which it often is not.
You might look into visiting a naturopathic doctor for the following reasons:
- Chronic conditions like high blood pressure or diabetes. Beneficial treatment usually involves a closely monitored diet and regular exercise.
- Hormonal fluctuations. Women who suffer from PMS or irregular menstrual cycles can find relief from herbal cures and nutritional changes. Blood tests will likely be performed to determine your particular hormone levels for the most appropriate treatment.
- Stomach ailments like irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s and bloating can be treated without medication. Dietary adjustments often substantially reduce or totally eliminate symptoms. The source of your pain will be examined to see if probiotics, fats, carbohydrates or proteins are the culprits to your never-ending discomfort.
- Anxiety or depression. Solutions may include lifestyle changes, stress management, herbal medicine and dietary evaluation and exercise recommendations.
- Acid reflux and heartburn. Few people have not experienced the pain of this common health malady. Antacids are not the only answer. Nutritional modification and addition of specific herbs can dramatically reduce these quite painful problems.
- Autoimmune disorders like lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and celiac disease do not have to be addressed with steroidal treatments. There are a number of popular foods that trigger inflammation and eliminating these from the diet provide welcome relief. Emphasis on vegetables, fish and healthy fats aids in the process and brings back balance to body systems.
- Cancer treatments can be optimized with the addition of naturopathic solutions. Chemotherapy side effects can be minimized and the immune system strengthened with natural remedies. We can effectively work with your oncologist to treat your cancer on all fronts for the best results possible.
Speak with one of the naturopathic professionals at McQuinn Naturopathic today at (425)905-2487 to learn more about natural treatment options for common medical issues. We would be happy to schedule your first appointment at your convenience.