The traditional and most widely accepted treatment to lower blood pressure is with prescribed medication from a physician. However, there are several steps that you can take to control your blood pressure that may delay, reduce or even avoid drugs that often have unpleasant side effects. Let’s examine naturopathic blood pressure treatment in Arlington:
- Losing only 10 pounds can significantly reduce your blood pressure. Being overweight is closely tied to high blood pressure so dropping excess weight will prove beneficial for overall health.
- Exercising on a regular basis in the form of swimming, walking, bicycling, jogging or dancing is highly effective in reducing blood pressure. Optimally, exercise should last 30 minutes for 5-7 days per week.
- Following the DASH diet (dietary approaches to stop hypertension) by eating low-fat dairy, whole grains, fruits and vegetables and lowering amounts of cholesterol and saturated fat will meaningfully lower your blood pressure.
- Limiting sodium is good for everyone, not just individuals with high blood pressure. Strive for less than 1,500 mg per day.
- Small amounts of alcohol can actually help blood pressure readings, while more than one drink per day will increase them.
- Stop smoking for better health.
- Reduce stress levels with meditation, yoga or another activity that you enjoy.
- Monitor blood pressure readings at home and with a professional naturopathic physician to remain aware of what causes spikes.
For more information on how to safely and effectually control blood pressure, call the team at McQuinn Naturopathic at (425)905-2487. We will guide you successfully through blood pressure treatment in Arlington.