In addition to helping you both feel and look better, eating healthy has a number of other advantages, including improving your sex life. Studies have shown that many foods have libido-boosting benefits, just as there are some that can be mood-killers.
Foods that are beneficial to your sexual health include:
- Strawberries are rich in the antioxidants that help your heart and arteries and contain high amounts of vitamin C, which correlate with greater sperm counts in men.
- Avocados also have high antioxidants, as well as vitamin E, vitamin B6 and potassium and are also a well-recognized source of monounsaturated fats, which encourage blood flow and aid in preventing heart disease.
- Sweet potatoes have potassium, which fights high blood pressure, and has beta-carotene.
- Sesame seeds contain zinc, which produces sperm and testosterone.
- Oysters are also high in zinc.
- Sexual well-being and reproduction benefit from eating almonds, which contain selenium, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E and zinc. They also help with infertility.
- Watermelon is low calorie, contains phytonutrients which boost libido, lycopene, citrulline and beta carotene that relaxes blood vessels.
Additional libido-enhancing foods are black raspberries, cloves, eggs, ginseng, ginger, lettuce and black raspberries.
Foods that have proven to be detrimental to sexual performance are even small amounts of alcohol, dairy products, steak, fatty foods, fast food and partially hydrogenated oils.
To learn more about how your diet can affect the way you feel, speak with a medical professional at McQuinn Naturopathic by calling (425)905-2487. Learn more about libido-boosting foods and other ways your diet helps support mood, energy, and overall health.