Did you know that you can have high blood pressure and not even know it? This silent killer increases your risk for kidney disease, stroke, heart attack and problems with vision. Most people can effectively lower their blood pressure by following some specific lifestyle and diet tips, in conjunction with high blood pressure treatment in Everett.
Follow these valuable tips to live healthier:
- Reduce alcohol consumption to one drink per day for women and no more than two for men.
- Stop smoking.
- Decrease the amount of salt in your diet to less than 1500 mg each day. Read nutrition labels, as there is sodium in numerous foods that you may not realize.
- Increase consumption of vegetables and fruits. Both have high levels of fiber and potassium, which prove to lower blood pressure.
- Aim for at least 30 minutes of activity daily but an hour is even better.
- Avoid high glycemic foods like flour and sugar as much as possible.
- The likelihood of inflammation, HBP and high cholesterol increase if you are overweight. The more weight you lose, the better health you will have.
- Decrease intake of caffeine.
- Have a blood allergy test to determine if you have any food allergies.
- Follow the DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stopping Hypertension) diet. Consider supervised use of herbal and vitamin supplements that have a positive effect on blood pressure.
To discuss your risk factors for high blood pressure, call McQuinn Naturopathic at (425)905-2487. We will be happy to outline a plan for you for high blood pressure treatment in Everett.