All parents have fears that somehow a specific symptom in their children is evidence of a horrible problem. While this certainly does happen, most of the time our apprehensions are unfounded. Autism is one concern that can weigh on parents’ minds. However, there are all different types of autism treatment in Monroe that can address issue and offer relief for children and parents.
How do you know if your child has autism? There is no definitive single indication of this troubling disorder but many children with this problem demonstrate several of the following signs:
- A solemn facial expression with no evidence of being “happy” by about 6 months of age.
- Lack of eye contact with people on a regular basis.
- No verbal babbling by about 9 months.
- Displaying unusually repetitive movements like rocking, head banging, blinking, staring and hand flipping.
- No words by about 16 months. Babies communicate at different ages but a delay could signify a problem.
- When a child is non-verbal, he may attempt to communicate in other ways like gestures and pointing. Not trying to compensate for audible words is a potential sign of autism.
- Non-responsive or overly-sensitive to pain, touch or sound.
- Aversion to touch or excessively irritable with no seeming cause.
- More interested in “things” than in the family or other people.
- Continued flat expression or lack of emotion.
- Regression of previously learned skills.
Your holistic pediatrician is the best source of information about your baby. Contact McQuinn Naturopathic for an appointment to discuss autism treatment in Monroe by phoning (425)905-2487.