In addition to helping you both feel and look better, eating healthy has a number of other advantages, including improving your sex life. Studies have shown that many foods have libido-boosting benefits, just as there are some that can be mood-killers.
Foods that are beneficial to your sexual health include:
- Strawberries are rich in the antioxidants that help your heart and arteries and contain high amounts of vitamin C, which correlate with greater sperm counts in men.
- Avocados also have high antioxidants, as well as vitamin E, vitamin B6 and potassium and are also a well-recognized source of monounsaturated fats, which encourage blood flow and aid in preventing heart disease.
- Sweet potatoes have potassium, which fights high blood pressure, and has beta-carotene.
- Sesame seeds contain zinc, which produces sperm and testosterone.
- Oysters are also high in zinc.
- Sexual well-being and reproduction benefit from eating almonds, which contain selenium, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E and zinc. They also help with infertility.
- Watermelon is low calorie, contains phytonutrients which boost libido, lycopene, citrulline and beta carotene that relaxes blood vessels.
Additional libido-enhancing foods are black raspberries, cloves, eggs, ginseng, ginger, lettuce and black raspberries.
Foods that have proven to be detrimental to sexual performance are even small amounts of alcohol, dairy products, steak, fatty foods, fast food and partially hydrogenated oils.
To learn more about how your diet can affect the way you feel, speak with a medical professional at McQuinn Naturopathic by calling (425)905-2487. Learn more about libido-boosting foods and other ways your diet helps support mood, energy, and overall health.
Homeopathy is the ancient and long-held belief that the body is able to heal itself from both chronic and acute conditions of various types through natural methods. Classical homeopathy treatment in Snohomish encompasses the use of remedies prepared from all-natural vegetables, minerals and animal products. Some common ones include onion, asparagus, spongia, salt and iron.
Homeopathic treatment is fast-acting without the side effects of traditional healing techniques such as prescription medication that often has unwelcome side effects. Health problems are addressed at the source of the issue to completely resolve the issue. As well as treating a medical situation, homeopathy has many other benefits:
- Improve mental health and emotions
- Increase energy
- Improve resistance to disease while helping current problem at the same time
- In most cases, provides gentle and helpful yet permanent results
- After successful treatment, surgery is often avoided
- Special emphasis is placed on less obvious symptoms that may not be addressed by conventional medicine, such as stomach pain, burning, sharp pains, etc.
- Relieve constant worry, anxiety and tension
- An effective alternative for common medical problems such as high blood pressure, ulcers, migraines, diabetes
To schedule a personal consultation and medical evaluation to determine how classical homeopathy treatment in Snohomish can help your overall health and treat a specific condition in a natural way, call Dr. Beth McQuinn at McQuinn Naturopathic today at (425)905-2487. Our experienced team has the necessary expertise to effectively treat your ailment utilizing natural healing methods that have had proven success for centuries.
Join us in welcoming Dr. Riddhi Blow to the team at McQuinn Naturopathic.
Dr. Riddhi Blow is a naturopathic doctor that specializes in family medicine, women’s health (menstrual concerns, fertility, menopause), cardiovascular disease, and diabetes. Dr. Blow believes in collaborating with her patients to create treatment plans that are simple and effective. She utilizes a wide range of modalities including botanical medicine, nutrient therapy, and pharmaceuticals when needed. Dr. Blow enjoys getting to know all of her patients and building a relationship with them that will last.
Dr. Blow is a graduate of Bastyr University, considered the best naturopathic school in the country. During her education she focused on specialty shifts with an emphasis on women’s health, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and ADHD. During her preceptorships Dr. Blow focused on learning about hormone replacement therapy, gynecological problems, and adolescent health.
In her spare time, Dr. Blow enjoys spending time with her husband, son, and friends. Dr. Blow considers herself quite a nerd and enjoys board games, Dr. Who, and anything Harry Potter. She also enjoys cooking and inventing new fusion recipes, puzzles, and finding time for laughter throughout the day.
As we are becoming more and more aware, Alzheimer’s disease is becoming shockingly prevalent in the US and throughout the world. In fact, it is number 6 in the top causes of death in the United States alone. Unfortunately, there is no cure, but there are a number of alternative medical treatments available for Alzheimer’s in Everett that show tremendous promise for reducing symptoms and extending a more well-meaning life. This is a great benefit to those who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and for the family and friends who love them.
- Cognitive decline is significantly reduced with the addition of Omega-3 fatty acids like those found in fish oil, eggs and organ meats such as liver.
- Careful supplementation of Vitamin E helps Alzheimer’s patients better perform daily routine tasks and functions. Close medical supervision is required. Foods high in vitamin E are nuts and seeds, mangoes, greens and broccoli.
- Following a Mediterranean diet (fish, whole grains, fruits, healthy oils and nuts) benefits the heart and brain.
- Physical activity in some fashion also slows cognitive decline, along with providing heart-healthy benefits.
- Sensory activities like drama, music, dance and art offer ways to communicate and relax.
- Acupuncture lessens symptoms of depression and anxiety and increases cognitive function.
To learn how we can help your loved one with Alzheimer’s in Everett enjoy a better quality of life and continue to interact with your family, speak with one of our medical professionals at McQuinn Naturopathic at (425)905-2487 to schedule a consultation. We have an excellent record of success treating patients with Alzheimer’s with natural remedies.