Ankle pain is not only uncomfortable, it limits mobility and day-to-day normal activities. There are many causes for this often-debilitating condition and treatments may vary according to severity. Sometimes home-based remedies can take care of the issue but for persistent pain with little relief, you should seek the advice of a professional. You may need chiropractic care or prolotherapy for ankle pain in Everett.
Before seeking medical treatment, here are a few solutions that may offer temporary help:
- Icing or alternating cold and heat therapy. Try applying heat for about 20 minutes and then switching to a cold pack for 20 minutes. This can reduce swelling and minimize pain and can be utilized several times a day.
- An herbal solution such as the application of coconut and garlic oil to the affected area can provide some relief, as well as eating cabbage or placing blanched cabbage leaves on the sore tissue for about 30 minutes.
- A long-term option is to change your diet and attempt to lose weight. Excess weight is harmful to both knees and ankles. There are benefits to supplementing your diet with glucosamine and chondroitin, as well.
- Strengthening the ankle joint with targeted exercise can help reinforce weak tendons and muscles. Improve flexibility with stretching exercises and increase range of motion after the initial pain of injury has passed.
If these at-home strategies do not significantly alleviate the pain in your ankles, contact McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487 to learn more about prolotherapy for ankle pain in Everett. This non-invasive treatment has demonstrated enormous success for many patients who have suffered this condition and has few to no side effects like surgery or use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications.
McQuinn Naturopathic has been busier than ever, and we have exciting news to share with our patients.
As you may already know, we are opening a new location to better serve our amazing patients. We are proud to announce starting May 5th we will be serving our patients at our new building in Everett!
New Address: 1429 Broadway, Everett, WA 98201
Same Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Thank you for your continued support of McQuinn Naturopathic. We are excited to be building our future through faith and love for our patients. If you have any questions about our newest location, please contact us anytime at (425) 905-2487.
The ancient practice of acupuncture in Monroe is beneficial for numerous health conditions and has demonstrated positive results for reducing or even eliminating unwelcome symptoms. Another way acupuncture can be utilized is to aid in weight loss. Targeted areas for the tiny needles include the thyroid, spleen, stomach, mouth, lungs, ears, endocrine glands and kidneys.
Acupuncture effectively helps individuals to drop pounds in several important ways, including:
- Increasing the metabolism by targeting the thyroid to boost operation of the pituitary gland and increase the body’s fat-burning ability
- Decreasing water retention by stimulation of the endocrine system and nerves of the kidneys
- Suppressing the appetite by manipulating levels of hunger hormones in the body
- Enhancing digestion by increasing the number of nutrients the body takes in, preventing slower food absorption, relieving constipation and improving stomach health
- Improving other physical functions corresponding to weight loss and obesity
- Reducing inflammation through tension relief and regulation of the body’s immune response, as well as lowering stress levels
- Balancing hormone production to improve immune system function
- Stimulating the release of endorphins to improve mood and eliminate anxiety and stress
Acupuncture for weight loss offers continuing relief without resorting to a crash diet, medication, excessive exercise and invasive surgery. It takes little energy, a reasonable amount of time and trust in a specialist qualified to perform this non-traditional medical intervention.
For additional information about acupuncture in Monroe for weight loss or a specific medical condition, contact the medical team at McQuinn Naturopathic today at (425) 905-2487. We would be happy to schedule a consultation to discuss your weight loss goals and obstacles you have experienced in the past. Let us help you achieve weight loss success.