While diabetes has reached worldwide epidemic proportions, it is important to note that a diagnosis of this terrible disease is not a life sentence. By working with a medical professional trained in naturopathic healing, you may be able to achieve welcome results without depending on conventional medicine. It is worth the effort to try natural diabetes treatment in Monroe to manage the disease.
Treating diabetes naturally not only focuses on symptoms, but the underlying causes of the problem, in the hopes that relief can be found. Taking control of your health and listening to your body can go a long way in developing a plan of action to handle diabetes.
Numerous people with diabetes have found positive results from following these tips:
- Trying a diet that mimics fasting, according to Science Daily, helps the pancreas to produce new insulin cells and regenerate more quickly.
- Avoiding as many toxins as you can will help to avoid worsening symptoms. Buying environmentally-friendly cleaners and eating organic are some examples.
- Adding spirulina into your diet will aid in stabilizing blood sugar levels.
- Drinking ginseng tea will lower levels of blood sugar and increases energy. This option is not recommended for individuals with high blood pressure.
- Eating more complex carbohydrates and fiber will release sugar more slowly into the bloodstream.
- Taking chromium picolinate aids in absorbing insulin and moving glucose from the bloodstream into the cells.
- Eating a diet of whole food rather than processed foods.
- Exercising regularly is great for everyone, not just those with diabetes. Incorporate cardio and strength training for the most benefit.
- Eating protein from vegetables, dairy and fish rather than other sources is quite healthy.
For additional information on natural diabetes treatment in Monroe, schedule an appointment with McQuinn Naturopathic by calling (425) 905-2487.
Although acupuncture has been around for 3000 years, it is experiencing a resurgence in popularity due to its efficacy for a variety of ailments with no side effects. Additionally, acupuncture in Marysville is now covered by numerous insurance carriers.
Acupuncture effectively stimulates natural innate healing processes in specific areas of the body, called acupoints or acupuncture points. The procedure commonly involves the insertion of thin, sterile needles into acupoints but heat, pressure, electrical stimulation, cupping, manual massage, topical herbal remedies and liniments or moxibustion may also be utilized with remarkable success in pain relief.
Based on an ancient philosophy of the universe and the body being in balance, Chinese medicine works to help individuals’ energy or qi (chee) flow freely. Acupuncture releases blocked energy and stimulates normal function to a variety of body systems.
At a typical acupuncture session, the medical professional will talk with you about your overall health and any problems you may be experiencing. A physical exam may be required, as well. With this information, the acupuncturist will have you lie on a treatment table and will stimulate the appropriate acupoints. There is little to no discomfort and needles stay in place from 5-30 minutes. A welcome sense of relaxation follows treatment.
The number of treatments that you receive will depend upon the severity of the medical problem. Your health care provider will discuss a detailed plan of action during your initial session.
Acupuncture may be covered by your insurance company, so be sure to ask your provider. The results it offers make the cost well worth it. Call the professionals at McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487 to schedule a consultation for acupuncture in Marysville.