It is unfortunate that asthma, allergies and eczema are commonplace in children, as well as many adults who have suffered from these ailments for decades. Finding a solution can be complex, as there are numerous underlying causes. An effective resolution does take time but can be achieved through natural pediatric treatment in Everett rather than resorting to conventional medical practices that may have accompanying side effects.
Naturopathic medical professionals have discovered that eczema, allergies and asthma are indicative of an immune system that is out of balance. Effectively supporting the immune system can restore balance and either substantially reduce or eliminate allergic reactions.
Identifying the issues that compromise your child’s immune function can be accomplished in 2 simple and painless ways. The first is the most common. The IgE skin scratch allergy test is commonly used by allergists to determine the source of environmental sensitivities. The child’s forearm is lightly scratched, and an allergen serum applied to each scratch to measure the reaction (if any). To reduce the allergic response, a diluted serum of the offending allergy is taken under the tongue each day. Over time, allergic symptoms lessen or are eradicated.
In the IgG food sensitivity test, a blood sample is taken to evaluate potential food sensitivities. While not the same as actual food allergies, food sensitivities contribute to allergy, asthma and eczema discomfort. Removal of these sensitivities can dramatically improve allergic symptoms.
Vitamin and mineral supplementation can also help restore balance to the immune system. Fish oils and omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin D and probiotics all contribute favorably to a healthier immune system.
For more information about pediatric treatment in Everett for your child’s allergies, eczema or asthma, call McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487.
While the thought of undergoing acupuncture in Arlington may be a novel idea for some, and even scary for others, this ancient Chinese procedure has been utilized for centuries by thousands of individuals for a myriad of physical and psychological reasons. The benefits for your well-being are numerous, but can be summed up with these valuable explanations:
- It is an effective means to manage pain throughout the body, whether in the joints, for migraines or for menstrual cramps. There are no side effects to acupuncture, unlike traditional medications, and it does not hurt.
- After treatment, most patients report an enhanced sense of calm and peacefulness.
- The procedure encourages a speedier recovery from injury and helps the body heal faster.
- Addictions like phobias, anxiety, addiction, eating problems, obsessive disorders and other emotional and psychological issues respond well to acupuncture.
- The immune system is strengthened and better able to combat and fight off infection and viruses.
- Standard medical therapies are unaffected by the addition of acupuncture as a treatment option. It works well as a complementary treatment to traditional medicine.
- Nausea and vomiting that often occur post-surgery, from medication, post-radiation treatment, IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and dyspepsia can be reduced or eliminated entirely.
The knowledgeable staff at McQuinn Naturopathic will be happy to discuss the advantages of acupuncture in Arlington with you or answer your questions about how the procedure works. Call us at (425) 905-2487 to schedule a private appointment with one of our professional team members. We have the experience and expertise to treat your health issues in a safe and effective way without causing you additional pain. Your treatment may even be covered by insurance!