People who suffer from migraines are often desperate to find relief from debilitating pain. Acupuncture in Monroe, as part of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), has been utilized for headache treatment for thousands of years. The advantage of this eastern medicine technique is that it does not have unwelcome side effects and the procedure is far less invasive than other methodologies.
There are two distinct areas that benefit from acupuncture for migraine headaches:
- Migraine Relief – As specialized, fine needles are applied to unique points on the body and gentle needle stimulation is initiated, blood flow in the area increases and circulation improves. This is only effective when points on the lower part of the body are treated and avoid over dilating blood vessels in the head.
- Migraine Prevention – The goal in this area is to lessen muscle tension and activate the parasympathetic nervous system (the relaxed state of the nervous system) by using acupuncture mostly on the lower legs and forearms. Other tension points in the neck and upper back are also trigger-points for migraines and can be stimulated to increase the blood flow throughout tense, sore muscles.
Changes in lifestyle can also be of immense help in reducing the frequency and occurrence of migraines. They include:
- Getting enough sleep – at least 7-8 hours daily
- Reducing or eliminating mental and physical exhaustion
- Avoiding caffeine and alcohol (red wine, especially)
- Shunning well-known food migraine causes: chocolate, dairy, wheat, corn, and spices
- Eluding any other triggers that result in a migraine
Contact the team at McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487 to schedule an appointment to discuss your migraines and how acupuncture in Monroe can relieve your pain.
It is no wonder that so many children have problems relating to digestion and inflammation, when there are a myriad of food choices involving refined sugars, processed foods, additives and dyes. A healthy diet can dramatically influence a child’s well-being and make the difference between a kid who is struggling and one who is thriving. It is smart to consult a professional with experience about a pediatric diet in Everett to ensure that your children are eating what they should.
We all know that we should eat adequate sources of protein, fruits and vegetables, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats. This can be challenging when dealing with children, as many are picky eaters. However, it is important to make careful selections over what your children eat so that they can avoid dyes and additives, as well as staying clear of food allergies. A well-balanced nutritional plan also supports healthy bacteria in the gut, which favorably affects mood and actions. A naturopathic physician can help you regulate a suitable diet to maintain your child’s health and encourage positive behavior.
For a child with special needs, like ADD or ADHD or on the autism spectrum, what they eat can affect outlook and behavior. Eliminating trigger foods can significantly alter your child’s overall health and actions for the better.
For assistance in determining an age-appropriate pediatric diet in Everett for your child or children or for questions about food allergies and their relationship to health, call McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487. We have the knowledge and expertise to aid you in doing what’s best for your family through all-natural means. Trust us to take care of your children and the rest of your household.