It has taken about 2,000 years, but acupuncture is finally being recognized and accepted as a valid treatment for a variety of ailments, including debilitating arthritis. More and more research is being conducted that shows how effective acupuncture in Arlington can be.
Acupuncture substantially reduces or eliminates pain by releasing tight muscles and restoring them to their resting state through stimulation with thin needles placed in specific places on the body. Natural pain-fighting endorphins are released at the same time, leading to notable results.
Recent research on the subject includes:
- Osteoarthritis or OA – A 2014 JAMA study concluded that people had less pain when treated with acupuncture versus the control group. Even a small benefit may justify exploring this option.
- Rheumatoid arthritis or RA – Studies are inconclusive, yet many patients have noted a great deal of relief.
- Fibromyalgia – Although more research is needed, in a 2014 review in “Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine,” acupuncture worked more effectively than medication for managing the condition.
There is some disagreement about whether acupuncture’s effectiveness is actually due to the treatment itself or there is a placebo effect. Whatever the case, some doctors advocate that it is still worth trying so that patients can experience at least some relief from their painful symptoms.
Benefits from acupuncture may depend on how severe your arthritis or other condition is and how often you receive treatment. Usually, a series of treatments is necessary for optimum results. While Medicare and Medicaid do not cover the cost, there are some insurers who provide at least some acupuncture coverage.
Call McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487 to discuss acupuncture in Arlington and its potential advantages for your arthritis. We will be happy to schedule you for a private consultation.
As a parent, are you concerned about what your child is eating (or not eating) and how it will affect their normal, everyday function? You have a right to be worried, as the prevalence of food additives and preservatives in what we eat is alarming. These chemicals can have numerous side effects that range from stomach upset to neurological disturbances. Schedule an appointment today for pediatric nutrition coaching in Everett to learn how you can help your child eat better and make wiser choices for optimal physical and mental health.
We will explore what specific nutrients your child needs to thrive. All children are different and what works well for one may not be best for another. Considerations will be made for your family lifestyle, ancestry, beliefs, physical activity, and food sensitivities.
Your pediatric nutrition coach will help you develop a personalized program to improve your child’s health and well-being. Included will be information about:
- Disease prevention through appropriate dietary choices
- Increasing energy naturally
- New foods to incorporate in your child’s (and family’s) diet
- Understanding cravings
- The best food and meal selections for your child and which ones to avoid
- Developing a holistic approach to wellness
- Recommendations on ways to encourage healthy food choices
Nutritional counseling can get to the bottom of issues your child may be facing, including eczema, autism, frequent colds or infections, digestive problems, asthma, ADD/ADHD, allergies and autoimmune disorders.
For additional information on naturopathic healthcare options or to make an appointment for a consultation, call McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487. Our naturopathic physicians specialize in treating the source of health issues by focusing on all facets of the patient. Let us help your child with informed pediatric nutrition coaching in Everett.