Vitamin B-12 is important to overall body function, as it produces energy, helps to form red blood cells and aids in neurological function, synthesizes DNA and improves nerve cell health. This vitamin is available in numerous mostly animal-based food sources. Some people, however, are unable to properly absorb B-12, which can cause a type of anemia. Individuals who are deficient in B-12, whether from not eating properly or ineffective absorption, can benefit from vitamin B12 injections in Everett.
B12 shots are developed from the man-made version of the nutrient, called cyanocobalamin. The injections are highly concentrated and are most often administered by a doctor who has diagnosed the deficiency.
People at risk for lower levels of B12 can suffer from a multitude of symptoms that may include:
- Lethargy and fatigue
- Irritability or depression
- Issues with memory or understanding
- Feeling faint
- Balance problems
- Heart palpitations
- Ulcers in the mouth
- Changes in vision
- A tongue that is swollen, sore, pale yellow or very red
- Feeling pins and needles
There are numerous advantages to getting regular vitamin B12 injections. They include:
- Treatment of deficiency and avoiding symptoms
- Reducing the risk of vision loss, infertility, heart disease, coordination problems, peripheral neuropathy and babies with neural tube defects born of women with the deficiency
Since B12 shots are directly absorbed into the bloodstream, the effects occur virtually immediately.
For additional information about vitamin B12 injections in Everett or to schedule an evaluation to see if you are deficient, call McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487. We will be happy to help you resolve the issue.
Did you know that acupuncture in Marysville can boost your efficiency and success at home and work? This ancient therapy has also proven to lessen the emotional and physical impact of stress and an unhealthy work or home environment.
Since most of us lead tremendously busy lives, caring for our health and well-being are often the first things to eliminate to free up more time. This is not wise, and devoting some self-care strategies like acupuncture will help you feel better and be more able to handle the difficulties that life throws at you every day.
Acupuncture provides many benefits for both physical and mental welfare. They include:
- Less stress. This treatment reduces anxiety, improves overall happiness and moderates stress hormones to elevate mood.
- Decreased pain in the joints, back, and neck. Acupuncture is a medication-free solution that reduces inflammation and swelling.
- Headache relief. This also applies to reduce the frequency of migraines and how long they last.
- Fewer eye problems. Eye strain is sometimes related to tension in the neck. Ailments like long- and short-sightedness, glaucoma, cataracts, lazy eye, color and night blindness, and astigmatism can be treated with acupuncture.
- A better developed immune system and fewer sick days. The body’s immune response is boosted, so common medical issues like colds do not last as long, and symptoms are not as debilitating.
- More energy and focus. The amount and quality of sleep are also improved.
- Digestive problem relief. Digestion becomes more regulated.
- Relief from allergies. Acupuncture strengthens the body before the beginning of allergy season and reduces the severity of symptoms.
To learn more about acupuncture in Marysville or to schedule an appointment, call McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487. Let our professionals help you with your health concerns.