Are you looking for a natural way to manage your high blood pressure? McQuinn Naturopathic is here to offer you high blood pressure treatment in Monroe that is safe, effective, and can save you in time, cost, and health risks. Before you set out on this venture, however, be sure to discuss with your doctor before you start any new health regimen. These strategies are designed to help you manage and lower your blood pressure without using medication, but always consult your doctor to make sure that this is a good option for your situation.
There are a variety of practices that you can undertake to manage your blood pressure without medication, including:
- At least 30 minutes of exercise per day that is regular and consistent.
- Lower salt consumption. Pre-prepared foods often have much more sodium than you might think. Be sure to lay off the salt, and keep track of your sodium so you can stay well within healthy limits for your blood pressure.
- Many fruits and vegetables are high in potassium, which is beneficial for managing blood pressure and lowering it, so be sure to incorporate these regularly into your diet.
- Many fruits, especially berries, also contain polyphenols that are incredibly beneficial for the heart.
- Reduce your consumption of added sugar and refined carbohydrates like bread and pasta.
- Lower your alcohol intake. Having more than one or two drinks daily can increase your blood pressure, and reducing caffeine intake can also lower blood pressure levels.
- Quit smoking. Even reducing the number of cigarettes smoked per day can help lower your blood pressure gradually.
- If you eat dark chocolate and cocoa in moderation, you can benefit from flavonoids that dilate blood vessels.
- Take steps to manage your stress effectively. Whether you like to meditate, read, listen to music, or do low-impact exercise, be sure to undertake activities that can help you keep stress levels low, which helps to lower blood pressure.
- Losing weight can also take a significant amount of stress off of your body, especially regarding joints and blood pressure.
- If possible, increase your consumption of calcium-rich foods like milk and dark, leafy greens, or take calcium supplements. You can also take heart-healthy supplements like garlic, fish oil, and whey protein.
- Increasing your magnesium consumption with vegetables and whole grains can also help you manage your blood pressure effectively.
The team at McQuinn Naturopathic wants to offer you practical, healthy high blood pressure treatment in Monroe without relying on medication to keep you in check. For more information about our naturopathic health services, or to schedule a consultation with our team, give us a call today at (425) 905-2487 to book an appointment.
Are you looking for natural cold and flu prevention and treatment in Arlington for yourself or your family? McQuinn Naturopathic is here to help you take steps to avoid colds and flu while improving your health. While you cannot prevent exposure to cold and flu, you can boost your immunity to fight it off. Do this long enough, and the risk of falling ill goes down significantly, which is especially helpful for people with sensitive systems.
While staying clean and sanitary can help you fight off colds to a degree, the best way to do it is by boosting your immune system before exposure occurs. Naturopaths can help you do this with safe, natural measures while avoiding risky drugs and unpleasant side effects. With proper nutrition, probiotics, supplements, and even an exercise regimen, you can build your immunity up significantly and fight off colds and flu while mitigating sickness.
If you come down with a virus despite your best efforts, the priority is to eliminate symptoms and shorten the duration of illness, and naturopaths can guide you in effectively doing this. By mitigating symptoms, reducing symptoms, and boosting immunity, you can do more than ever before to stay healthy, even during flu season. If you do come down with a cold, vitamin c supplements and proper nutrition can help you get well fast.
Whether you are hoping to learn more about illness relief for want to increase your immune system’s ability to fight off colds, naturopaths can help you with cold and flu prevention and treatment in Arlington. Call McQuinn Naturopathic today at (425) 905-2487 for more information on our services or to schedule an appointment with our team.
Do you need a service that provides a more natural approach to diabetes treatment in Monroe? McQuinn Naturopathic is ready to offer you options to help you manage your condition without harmful drugs or unnecessary chemicals.
Diabetes is, in short, an endocrine disorder that comes along when the pancreas can no longer produce enough insulin, or the cells themselves become resistant to insulin. This means that the body is not able to keep up blood sugar levels during fasting periods.
There are two main types of diabetes:
- Type 1, or insulin-dependent diabetes, is typically found in children or adolescents.
- Type 2, or non-insulin dependent diabetes, is also known as adult-onset diabetes and is often found in adults age 40 and older. There are cases, however, where children who are obese and sedentary can get diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. This type is considered to be the majority of diabetes diagnoses.
If left untreated, there are serious complications that can come from diabetes, including heart disease, high blood pressure, nerve damage, depression, arthritis, kidney disease, and eye disease. If you have a family history of diabetes, specific nutritional deficiencies, high cholesterol, or other dietary and environmental factors in your life, you may be at risk for diabetes. The first signs of diabetes include fatigue, poor wound healing, gum disease, blurred vision, and frequent infections.
We offer a wide variety of therapies for managing diabetes that include but are not limited to:
- Nutritional counseling
- Prescribed exercise routines
- Herb and supplement prescriptions
- And more
When you’re ready for comprehensive diabetes treatment in Monroe to get your life back on track, McQuinn Naturopathic is prepared to offer solutions for you. For more information on the services that we offer, or to schedule an appointment with our team, call us today at (425) 905-2487.