The ancient practice of acupuncture in Monroe is beneficial for numerous health conditions and has demonstrated positive results for reducing or even eliminating unwelcome symptoms. Another way acupuncture can be utilized is to aid in weight loss. Targeted areas for the tiny needles include the thyroid, spleen, stomach, mouth, lungs, ears, endocrine glands and kidneys.
Acupuncture effectively helps individuals to drop pounds in several important ways, including:
- Increasing the metabolism by targeting the thyroid to boost operation of the pituitary gland and increase the body’s fat-burning ability
- Decreasing water retention by stimulation of the endocrine system and nerves of the kidneys
- Suppressing the appetite by manipulating levels of hunger hormones in the body
- Enhancing digestion by increasing the number of nutrients the body takes in, preventing slower food absorption, relieving constipation and improving stomach health
- Improving other physical functions corresponding to weight loss and obesity
- Reducing inflammation through tension relief and regulation of the body’s immune response, as well as lowering stress levels
- Balancing hormone production to improve immune system function
- Stimulating the release of endorphins to improve mood and eliminate anxiety and stress
Acupuncture for weight loss offers continuing relief without resorting to a crash diet, medication, excessive exercise and invasive surgery. It takes little energy, a reasonable amount of time and trust in a specialist qualified to perform this non-traditional medical intervention.
For additional information about acupuncture in Monroe for weight loss or a specific medical condition, contact the medical team at McQuinn Naturopathic today at (425) 905-2487. We would be happy to schedule a consultation to discuss your weight loss goals and obstacles you have experienced in the past. Let us help you achieve weight loss success.