Are you looking for a natural way to manage your high blood pressure? McQuinn Naturopathic is here to offer you high blood pressure treatment in Monroe that is safe, effective, and can save you in time, cost, and health risks. Before you set out on this venture, however, be sure to discuss with your doctor before you start any new health regimen. These strategies are designed to help you manage and lower your blood pressure without using medication, but always consult your doctor to make sure that this is a good option for your situation.
There are a variety of practices that you can undertake to manage your blood pressure without medication, including:
- At least 30 minutes of exercise per day that is regular and consistent.
- Lower salt consumption. Pre-prepared foods often have much more sodium than you might think. Be sure to lay off the salt, and keep track of your sodium so you can stay well within healthy limits for your blood pressure.
- Many fruits and vegetables are high in potassium, which is beneficial for managing blood pressure and lowering it, so be sure to incorporate these regularly into your diet.
- Many fruits, especially berries, also contain polyphenols that are incredibly beneficial for the heart.
- Reduce your consumption of added sugar and refined carbohydrates like bread and pasta.
- Lower your alcohol intake. Having more than one or two drinks daily can increase your blood pressure, and reducing caffeine intake can also lower blood pressure levels.
- Quit smoking. Even reducing the number of cigarettes smoked per day can help lower your blood pressure gradually.
- If you eat dark chocolate and cocoa in moderation, you can benefit from flavonoids that dilate blood vessels.
- Take steps to manage your stress effectively. Whether you like to meditate, read, listen to music, or do low-impact exercise, be sure to undertake activities that can help you keep stress levels low, which helps to lower blood pressure.
- Losing weight can also take a significant amount of stress off of your body, especially regarding joints and blood pressure.
- If possible, increase your consumption of calcium-rich foods like milk and dark, leafy greens, or take calcium supplements. You can also take heart-healthy supplements like garlic, fish oil, and whey protein.
- Increasing your magnesium consumption with vegetables and whole grains can also help you manage your blood pressure effectively.
The team at McQuinn Naturopathic wants to offer you practical, healthy high blood pressure treatment in Monroe without relying on medication to keep you in check. For more information about our naturopathic health services, or to schedule a consultation with our team, give us a call today at (425) 905-2487 to book an appointment.
Are you looking for natural cold and flu prevention and treatment in Arlington for yourself or your family? McQuinn Naturopathic is here to help you take steps to avoid colds and flu while improving your health. While you cannot prevent exposure to cold and flu, you can boost your immunity to fight it off. Do this long enough, and the risk of falling ill goes down significantly, which is especially helpful for people with sensitive systems.
While staying clean and sanitary can help you fight off colds to a degree, the best way to do it is by boosting your immune system before exposure occurs. Naturopaths can help you do this with safe, natural measures while avoiding risky drugs and unpleasant side effects. With proper nutrition, probiotics, supplements, and even an exercise regimen, you can build your immunity up significantly and fight off colds and flu while mitigating sickness.
If you come down with a virus despite your best efforts, the priority is to eliminate symptoms and shorten the duration of illness, and naturopaths can guide you in effectively doing this. By mitigating symptoms, reducing symptoms, and boosting immunity, you can do more than ever before to stay healthy, even during flu season. If you do come down with a cold, vitamin c supplements and proper nutrition can help you get well fast.
Whether you are hoping to learn more about illness relief for want to increase your immune system’s ability to fight off colds, naturopaths can help you with cold and flu prevention and treatment in Arlington. Call McQuinn Naturopathic today at (425) 905-2487 for more information on our services or to schedule an appointment with our team.
Do you need a service that provides a more natural approach to diabetes treatment in Monroe? McQuinn Naturopathic is ready to offer you options to help you manage your condition without harmful drugs or unnecessary chemicals.
Diabetes is, in short, an endocrine disorder that comes along when the pancreas can no longer produce enough insulin, or the cells themselves become resistant to insulin. This means that the body is not able to keep up blood sugar levels during fasting periods.
There are two main types of diabetes:
- Type 1, or insulin-dependent diabetes, is typically found in children or adolescents.
- Type 2, or non-insulin dependent diabetes, is also known as adult-onset diabetes and is often found in adults age 40 and older. There are cases, however, where children who are obese and sedentary can get diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. This type is considered to be the majority of diabetes diagnoses.
If left untreated, there are serious complications that can come from diabetes, including heart disease, high blood pressure, nerve damage, depression, arthritis, kidney disease, and eye disease. If you have a family history of diabetes, specific nutritional deficiencies, high cholesterol, or other dietary and environmental factors in your life, you may be at risk for diabetes. The first signs of diabetes include fatigue, poor wound healing, gum disease, blurred vision, and frequent infections.
We offer a wide variety of therapies for managing diabetes that include but are not limited to:
- Nutritional counseling
- Prescribed exercise routines
- Herb and supplement prescriptions
- And more
When you’re ready for comprehensive diabetes treatment in Monroe to get your life back on track, McQuinn Naturopathic is prepared to offer solutions for you. For more information on the services that we offer, or to schedule an appointment with our team, call us today at (425) 905-2487.
Have you been considering your options for acupuncture in Arlington? McQuinn Naturopathic is ready to offer you this specialty practice in a convenient location. Acupuncture is a centuries-old traditional Chinese medical practice that is designed to balance various forces in the body that can contribute to pain or illness in different systems in your body, including the immune system, nervous system, cardiovascular and digestive systems.
This treatment is highly effective and safe for a variety of medical conditions and features no side effects. As a result, insurance companies now cover acupuncture quite often because of its benefits for pain relief and many other symptoms.
Acupuncture can benefit a plethora of conditions, including:
- insomnia and other Sleep disorders
- chronic back and neck pain, various types of pain
- depression and anxiety
- migraines and headaches
While most people think of the insertion of little needles into precise points in the body for relaxation and relief, acupuncture can be accomplished with a variety of techniques, including cupping, herbal medicines, heat therapy, topical ointments, and massage. Before you go in for an acupuncture treatment, a trained specialist can take your health history into account and do a physical exam to advise you on naturopathic treatment courses.
Treatment involves little to no discomfort, and patients often find it very useful and relaxing. Because acupuncture usually consists of a variety of treatment modalities, it can easily be tailored to fit your situation.
When you’re ready for pain relief from acupuncture in Arlington, McQuinn Naturopathic is prepared to lend you a hand with affordable and effective natural treatments for your conditions. For more information on the services that we can offer you, or to schedule an appointment with our team, give us a call today at (425) 905-2487.
Have you been researching your options for natural and effective pain management treatment in Arlington? The team at McQuinn Naturopathic is here to help you heal. Whether you have suffered an injury or deal with a condition that involves chronic pain, we offer a variety of methods to help you get back to living life without relying on harmful medications.
Whether you have suffered an injury or have chronic conditions such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, or back pain, we have a variety of natural methods to manage your pain and improve your quality of life, including:
- Massage therapy, which is targeted at relieving back and neck pain, post-surgical pains, fibromyalgia and arthritis pain, and tension headaches. This type of therapy is meant to boost your endorphin and serotonin levels, your body’s natural mechanisms for relieving pain.
- Meditation and breathing-focused exercise can help you get in tune with your body to relax and relieve pain and tension from a variety of chronic conditions.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy methods that are designed to relieve your stress and help you work through and deal with pain.
- Qigong and tai chi exercises offer a low-impact method that is excellent for managing arthritis, back pain, and fibromyalgia.
- Yoga is a highly effective low-impact activity to aid in pain relief for a variety of conditions and promotes relaxation while improving your range of motion, even with chronic conditions that can hinder movement. This type of movement is especially useful for arthritis, back pain, and migraines.
- Herbal remedies that can aid in controlling painful inflammation. It has been shown that with guidance from a professional, vitamin, and herb treatments can be as effective as pain medication in treating symptoms.
- Acupuncture treatments for migraines and tension headaches, as well as fibromyalgia, arthritis, sciatica, and back pain.
For more information on pain management treatment in Arlington for your injury, arthritis, fibromyalgia, or other conditions that require pain management, McQuinn Naturopathic is just a phone call away from providing you with relief. Call our team today at (425) 905-2487.
Are you or a loved one who has Alzheimer’s looking for safe and natural memory and cognition treatment in Everett? McQuinn Naturopathic strives to bring you holistic and reliable methods to heal your body through nutrition, diet, and a healthy lifestyle, and we know that the first step to improving the body and mind is through ensuring that you are getting adequate nutrition.
For the body to repair itself, we need to ensure that it gets comprehensive nutrition at all times. We know it can difficult to meet nutritional goals in today’s world, where it seems like nutritional goals are harder to reach than ever, but we are here to help you stay on track with a variety of naturopathic approaches to health, including vitamin injections.
Nutrient injections strive to bring you effective results without harmful chemicals by giving your body what it needs fast. Nutrition is vital to success, so we want to help you stay on track to manage and mitigate symptoms. Memory and cognition are most improved by regular intake of vitamin B12. Even mild or moderate deficiencies of this nutrient can mimic signs of Alzheimer’s, and this deficiency has also been linked to the disease as well as other cognitive issues. Vitamin B12 is key to slowing the progression of cognitive disorders such as Alzheimer’s.
While our injections are made to help you, it is also vital to ensure that you are getting enough B vitamins, especially B12, in your diet, with a variety of foods. Be sure to include these foods in your diet:
- Beans, peas, and legumes
- Fish, especially fatty fish like salmon or tuna.
- Leafy green vegetables, like collard greens or spinach
- Red meats and poultry
- Vitamin B-fortified foods such as healthy breakfast cereals or bread
When you want reliable, nutrition-focused memory and cognition treatment in Everett, you can get exactly that and so much more from the team at McQuinn Naturopathic. We care about keeping you healthy for the long-term, so come to us when you want natural and reliable healing methods to improve your life. For more information about our services or to schedule an appointment, stop by the office or give us a call at (425) 905-2487.
Are you looking for professional food allergy testing in Snohomish? The experts at McQuinn Naturopathic are here to provide you with in-depth care and analysis, so you can find out how to maximize your health and avoid potential allergens that may be impacting your immune system.
So, with that in mind, what is an allergy? Allergies are the result of a dysfunction of the immune system. This dysfunction means when the body encounters antigens as a result of things such as pollen, mold, or dander, instead of being able to fight off those things like it usually would, it reacts negatively because it perceives those antigens as threats. These reactions can lead to troubling symptoms that, if left unchecked, can harm your overall health.
The most common types of allergies are environmental allergies and food allergies. Symptoms of environmental allergies can include:
- Nasal polyps
- Skin rashes like hives or eczema
- Watery, itchy eyes
- Chronic sinusitis
- Conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye
- Chronic cough or bronchitis
- Frequent ear infections
- A runny or stuffed-up nose
Food allergies are, generally speaking, an adverse immune response to proteins in food. Instead of the body perceiving those proteins as harmless, the immune system overreacts, because it mistakes these natural proteins for a foreign invader of the body, and releases harmful chemicals to try to eradicate those perceived threats. Common food allergy symptoms include the following:
- Skin rash
- Itching of mouth, lips, tongue, throat, eyes, skin, or other areas
- Swelling of the eyes, lips, or tongue
- Difficulty swallowing and breathing
- Digestive trouble such as flatulence, diarrhea, or stomach cramps
- Hay fever-like symptoms
- Hoarse voice
- Shortness of breath
When you are looking for the best in effective food allergy testing in Snohomish, McQuinn Naturopathic is here to help you every step of the way. We offer over 40 foods for skin allergy testing so that you can get the dish on your health. For more information on food allergy testing, or to find out about our other services, give us a call today at (425) 905-2487.
Sports are popular with all ages, particularly school-age children. To ensure that your children are physically capable of playing the sport they choose, it’s important and often required that they get pediatric sports physicals in Arlington.
If this is a new experience for your family, you may be wondering what happens during a child’s sports physical. It’s really quite simple and straightforward. There are two main aspects of the appointment.
A medical professional will take your child’s medical and health history. This information can help to determine underlying issues (past and present) that could affect your child when participating in all types of sports activities. Genetic conditions should be a part of the discussion.
The other aspect of the sports physical is the actual physical exam itself. All athletes, from the youngest to the oldest, are required to have an exam to ensure that their overall health is at acceptable levels to participate in athletics. Your child’s appearance will be evaluated, as well as their blood pressure, vision, heart rate, breathing, and basic physical ability.
Of course, paperwork is included for sports physical like it is for almost everything in life that we do. Often, the coach will provide a form for you to give your doctor that they can complete during the physical. If not, a generic form can be completed at the physician’s office by the appropriate staff. The doctor will clear (or not) your child for athletic activity by marking that section on the form.
For appointments for pediatric sports physicals in Arlington, contact the medical professionals at McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487. We’ll be happy to evaluate your child and answer your questions about physical activity.
Medical knowledge has evolved over years of research and experimentation. However, there are still some all-natural ways to deal with everyday health concerns like the common cold and pneumonia. One of these is classical homeopathy treatment in Marysville. Homeopathic medicine emphasizes treating an ill individual as a whole rather than focusing just on symptoms or the sickness itself. Healthcare solutions involve natural remedies that are matched to each person.
There are three basic homeopathic principles:
- Like Cures Like – When visiting a homeopathic practitioner, you undergo a comprehensive evaluation that is called a homeopathic case-taking. This assessment reveals your emotional, psychological, and physical characteristics and medical issues. Your homeopathic practitioner locates a homeopathic remedy that closely matches your characteristics to promote healing.
- Minimum Dose – To minimize potential side effects, the minimum dose of a homeopathic remedy is prescribed. Through a unique dilution process, the minimum dose has the most potent effect.
- Single Remedy – Most homeopathic practitioners only prescribe one therapy at a time to avoid confusion.
Treatment using homeopathy is divided into acute and chronic situations. Sudden or acute illnesses are treated with the appropriate medicine to stimulate the body’s recovery.
Chronic healthcare concerns are influenced by the disease itself, the person’s health history, prior treatments, and the body’s strength. The goal is to restore a person’s well-being through personalized homeopathic treatment.
Contact McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487 to discuss the benefits of classical homeopathy treatment in Marysville for your health condition. We have the expertise and experience you need to help you regain better health without uncomfortable side effects and expensive prescription medication.
Have you recently been diagnosed with high blood pressure? Millions of people around the world suffer from this common issue. There are numerous ways to naturally lower your blood pressure, and there are naturopathic remedies offered for high blood pressure treatment in Monroe, as well.
Always discuss your health with your medical practitioner before starting a new health regimen. These strategies may help to lower your blood pressure without using medication.
- Regular, consistent exercise, at least 30 minutes each day, is good for everyone.
- Eat less sodium. Pre-prepared foods have much more sodium than you may have realized. Resist the temptation to salt your food before you taste it.
- Eat more foods that are high in potassium, like many fruits and vegetables.
- Lower your alcohol intake. Having over one or two drinks per day can raise your blood pressure.
- Reduce your caffeine intake.
- Eat moderate amounts of cocoa and dark chocolate! They contain flavonoids that dilate blood vessels.
- Better manage stress with yoga, listening to relaxing music or meditating.
- Lose weight.
- Stop smoking. Even reducing the number of cigarettes smoked each day can help.
- Eat more berries. They contain polyphenols that are good for your heart.
- Reduce added sugar and refined carbohydrates.
- Increase your consumption of calcium-rich foods or take a supplement.
- Take some natural supplements that help your heart like garlic, fish oil, and whey protein.
- Consume more magnesium with vegetables & whole grains
Talk with a naturopathic physician to discuss high blood pressure treatment in Monroe. The team at McQuinn Naturopathic can help you lower your blood pressure safely and help you achieve better health overall. Contact us at (425) 905-2487 for an appointment today.