As the body ages and systems begin to slow down, it is more important than ever to keep yourself as healthy as you possibly can. This can be a challenging task, however, as heredity and lifestyle play a significant role in this field. If you have some health conditions that are concerning you or you just don’t feel right, consider the benefits of acupuncture in Marysville. There are many reasons to choose this alternative medical treatment that is becoming more mainstream every day.
Lack of sufficient exercise and sleep, a diet deficient in vital minerals and vitamins and an excess of fats and carbohydrates, stress and worry all contribute to a less than satisfactory well-being and overall poor health. These problems block the natural flow of energy throughout the body, leaving you tired, irritable and uncomfortable. Acupuncture targets problem areas to restore energy flow and clearing the nervous system. It also helps to improve the digestive, immune, endocrine and cardiovascular systems.
Illnesses and Injuries
Conditions such as asthma, allergies, morning sickness, migraines, digestive disorders, musculoskeletal problems and skin issues can all be eliminated or symptoms dramatically reduced with acupuncture treatment. Chronic pain and injuries can also be treated safely, without resorting to medication.
Improve and enjoy your quality of life with professional acupuncture in Marysville. Learn more about the procedure and how it can work for you by setting up a consultation with McQuinn Naturopathic today. Call us at (425) 905-2487. We will be happy to answer your questions and show you just how effective this treatment can be for you. Enjoy a healthy body, mind and spirit with all-natural and drug-free intervention from a medically-trained acupuncturist.
It is unfortunate that asthma, allergies and eczema are commonplace in children, as well as many adults who have suffered from these ailments for decades. Finding a solution can be complex, as there are numerous underlying causes. An effective resolution does take time but can be achieved through natural pediatric treatment in Everett rather than resorting to conventional medical practices that may have accompanying side effects.
Naturopathic medical professionals have discovered that eczema, allergies and asthma are indicative of an immune system that is out of balance. Effectively supporting the immune system can restore balance and either substantially reduce or eliminate allergic reactions.
Identifying the issues that compromise your child’s immune function can be accomplished in 2 simple and painless ways. The first is the most common. The IgE skin scratch allergy test is commonly used by allergists to determine the source of environmental sensitivities. The child’s forearm is lightly scratched, and an allergen serum applied to each scratch to measure the reaction (if any). To reduce the allergic response, a diluted serum of the offending allergy is taken under the tongue each day. Over time, allergic symptoms lessen or are eradicated.
In the IgG food sensitivity test, a blood sample is taken to evaluate potential food sensitivities. While not the same as actual food allergies, food sensitivities contribute to allergy, asthma and eczema discomfort. Removal of these sensitivities can dramatically improve allergic symptoms.
Vitamin and mineral supplementation can also help restore balance to the immune system. Fish oils and omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin D and probiotics all contribute favorably to a healthier immune system.
For more information about pediatric treatment in Everett for your child’s allergies, eczema or asthma, call McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487.
While the thought of undergoing acupuncture in Arlington may be a novel idea for some, and even scary for others, this ancient Chinese procedure has been utilized for centuries by thousands of individuals for a myriad of physical and psychological reasons. The benefits for your well-being are numerous, but can be summed up with these valuable explanations:
- It is an effective means to manage pain throughout the body, whether in the joints, for migraines or for menstrual cramps. There are no side effects to acupuncture, unlike traditional medications, and it does not hurt.
- After treatment, most patients report an enhanced sense of calm and peacefulness.
- The procedure encourages a speedier recovery from injury and helps the body heal faster.
- Addictions like phobias, anxiety, addiction, eating problems, obsessive disorders and other emotional and psychological issues respond well to acupuncture.
- The immune system is strengthened and better able to combat and fight off infection and viruses.
- Standard medical therapies are unaffected by the addition of acupuncture as a treatment option. It works well as a complementary treatment to traditional medicine.
- Nausea and vomiting that often occur post-surgery, from medication, post-radiation treatment, IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and dyspepsia can be reduced or eliminated entirely.
The knowledgeable staff at McQuinn Naturopathic will be happy to discuss the advantages of acupuncture in Arlington with you or answer your questions about how the procedure works. Call us at (425) 905-2487 to schedule a private appointment with one of our professional team members. We have the experience and expertise to treat your health issues in a safe and effective way without causing you additional pain. Your treatment may even be covered by insurance!
While diabetes has reached worldwide epidemic proportions, it is important to note that a diagnosis of this terrible disease is not a life sentence. By working with a medical professional trained in naturopathic healing, you may be able to achieve welcome results without depending on conventional medicine. It is worth the effort to try natural diabetes treatment in Monroe to manage the disease.
Treating diabetes naturally not only focuses on symptoms, but the underlying causes of the problem, in the hopes that relief can be found. Taking control of your health and listening to your body can go a long way in developing a plan of action to handle diabetes.
Numerous people with diabetes have found positive results from following these tips:
- Trying a diet that mimics fasting, according to Science Daily, helps the pancreas to produce new insulin cells and regenerate more quickly.
- Avoiding as many toxins as you can will help to avoid worsening symptoms. Buying environmentally-friendly cleaners and eating organic are some examples.
- Adding spirulina into your diet will aid in stabilizing blood sugar levels.
- Drinking ginseng tea will lower levels of blood sugar and increases energy. This option is not recommended for individuals with high blood pressure.
- Eating more complex carbohydrates and fiber will release sugar more slowly into the bloodstream.
- Taking chromium picolinate aids in absorbing insulin and moving glucose from the bloodstream into the cells.
- Eating a diet of whole food rather than processed foods.
- Exercising regularly is great for everyone, not just those with diabetes. Incorporate cardio and strength training for the most benefit.
- Eating protein from vegetables, dairy and fish rather than other sources is quite healthy.
For additional information on natural diabetes treatment in Monroe, schedule an appointment with McQuinn Naturopathic by calling (425) 905-2487.
Although acupuncture has been around for 3000 years, it is experiencing a resurgence in popularity due to its efficacy for a variety of ailments with no side effects. Additionally, acupuncture in Marysville is now covered by numerous insurance carriers.
Acupuncture effectively stimulates natural innate healing processes in specific areas of the body, called acupoints or acupuncture points. The procedure commonly involves the insertion of thin, sterile needles into acupoints but heat, pressure, electrical stimulation, cupping, manual massage, topical herbal remedies and liniments or moxibustion may also be utilized with remarkable success in pain relief.
Based on an ancient philosophy of the universe and the body being in balance, Chinese medicine works to help individuals’ energy or qi (chee) flow freely. Acupuncture releases blocked energy and stimulates normal function to a variety of body systems.
At a typical acupuncture session, the medical professional will talk with you about your overall health and any problems you may be experiencing. A physical exam may be required, as well. With this information, the acupuncturist will have you lie on a treatment table and will stimulate the appropriate acupoints. There is little to no discomfort and needles stay in place from 5-30 minutes. A welcome sense of relaxation follows treatment.
The number of treatments that you receive will depend upon the severity of the medical problem. Your health care provider will discuss a detailed plan of action during your initial session.
Acupuncture may be covered by your insurance company, so be sure to ask your provider. The results it offers make the cost well worth it. Call the professionals at McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487 to schedule a consultation for acupuncture in Marysville.
Ankle pain is not only uncomfortable, it limits mobility and day-to-day normal activities. There are many causes for this often-debilitating condition and treatments may vary according to severity. Sometimes home-based remedies can take care of the issue but for persistent pain with little relief, you should seek the advice of a professional. You may need chiropractic care or prolotherapy for ankle pain in Everett.
Before seeking medical treatment, here are a few solutions that may offer temporary help:
- Icing or alternating cold and heat therapy. Try applying heat for about 20 minutes and then switching to a cold pack for 20 minutes. This can reduce swelling and minimize pain and can be utilized several times a day.
- An herbal solution such as the application of coconut and garlic oil to the affected area can provide some relief, as well as eating cabbage or placing blanched cabbage leaves on the sore tissue for about 30 minutes.
- A long-term option is to change your diet and attempt to lose weight. Excess weight is harmful to both knees and ankles. There are benefits to supplementing your diet with glucosamine and chondroitin, as well.
- Strengthening the ankle joint with targeted exercise can help reinforce weak tendons and muscles. Improve flexibility with stretching exercises and increase range of motion after the initial pain of injury has passed.
If these at-home strategies do not significantly alleviate the pain in your ankles, contact McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487 to learn more about prolotherapy for ankle pain in Everett. This non-invasive treatment has demonstrated enormous success for many patients who have suffered this condition and has few to no side effects like surgery or use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications.
McQuinn Naturopathic has been busier than ever, and we have exciting news to share with our patients.
As you may already know, we are opening a new location to better serve our amazing patients. We are proud to announce starting May 5th we will be serving our patients at our new building in Everett!
New Address: 1429 Broadway, Everett, WA 98201
Same Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Thank you for your continued support of McQuinn Naturopathic. We are excited to be building our future through faith and love for our patients. If you have any questions about our newest location, please contact us anytime at (425) 905-2487.
The ancient practice of acupuncture in Monroe is beneficial for numerous health conditions and has demonstrated positive results for reducing or even eliminating unwelcome symptoms. Another way acupuncture can be utilized is to aid in weight loss. Targeted areas for the tiny needles include the thyroid, spleen, stomach, mouth, lungs, ears, endocrine glands and kidneys.
Acupuncture effectively helps individuals to drop pounds in several important ways, including:
- Increasing the metabolism by targeting the thyroid to boost operation of the pituitary gland and increase the body’s fat-burning ability
- Decreasing water retention by stimulation of the endocrine system and nerves of the kidneys
- Suppressing the appetite by manipulating levels of hunger hormones in the body
- Enhancing digestion by increasing the number of nutrients the body takes in, preventing slower food absorption, relieving constipation and improving stomach health
- Improving other physical functions corresponding to weight loss and obesity
- Reducing inflammation through tension relief and regulation of the body’s immune response, as well as lowering stress levels
- Balancing hormone production to improve immune system function
- Stimulating the release of endorphins to improve mood and eliminate anxiety and stress
Acupuncture for weight loss offers continuing relief without resorting to a crash diet, medication, excessive exercise and invasive surgery. It takes little energy, a reasonable amount of time and trust in a specialist qualified to perform this non-traditional medical intervention.
For additional information about acupuncture in Monroe for weight loss or a specific medical condition, contact the medical team at McQuinn Naturopathic today at (425) 905-2487. We would be happy to schedule a consultation to discuss your weight loss goals and obstacles you have experienced in the past. Let us help you achieve weight loss success.
Thousands of individuals in the United States suffer from some type of headache on a daily basis. It is important to realize that there is a distinct difference between a “traditional” headache and a migraine headache. Just because head pain is severe, does not mean that it is a migraine. The good news is that there is an alternative solution to reducing or even eliminating pain from both types of headaches without anti-inflammatory medication. Prolotherapy for headaches in Marysville is one option that has demonstrated a great deal of success with pain management.
Headache causes are virtually limitless. Common sources include falls, whiplash, sinus inflammation, brain tumors, caffeine addiction, lack of sleep, poor posture, overuse of anti-inflammatory medication and tension. Ranging from mild to debilitating, headaches are responsible for the majority of sick days taken every year at work and at school from the very young to the very old.
Prolotherapy treatment involves injections of a solution that naturally stimulates irritation of soft tissues that automatically promote healing and relief from chronic pain. An anesthetic is often involved in the preparation. A series of injections is required for maximum benefit and the time frame and number of treatments vary according to the severity of the headaches and response to therapy.
Advantages of this treatment include alleviation of pain at its source and the lack of side effects. Being headache-free is a real possibility!
Contact the medical professionals at McQuinn Naturopathic to learn more about prolotherapy for headaches in Marysville by phoning (425) 905-2487. We would be happy to schedule a private consultation to discuss your medical history and the efficacy of this treatment for your headache problems.
Eggplant is considered by many to be a vegetable, but is in fact a fruit! Egg plant is an excellent source of nutrition. It is a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin B1, copper, manganese, vitamin B6, niacin, folate, and vitamin K, as well as phytonutrients including nasunin and chlorogenic acid.
Eggplant is considered to aid in weight loss, protect the digestive system, increase cognition, aid in diabetes management, improve cardiovascular health and more.
Try this grilled eggplant recipe to add this nutritious food into your diet.