As parents, we all have fears that our children may display signs of a health concern or a delay in reaching milestones. Autism is one of the biggest concerns that weight on any parent’s mind, however, with the various types of autism treatment in Monroe, parents can work with professionals that can address these apprehensions and offer a source of relief for parents and their children.
Are there specific signs or symptoms that we might notice if our child has autism? Unfortunately, there are no definitive indications or symptoms of this troubling disorder. However, many children diagnosed with autism exert some of the following signs;
• A lack of eye contact with people regularly
• Display of repetitive movements such as blinking, staring off, hand flapping, rocking, and headbanging
• Solemn facial expressions or a “flat affect” around six months of age
• Lack of verbal babbling at nine months of age
• A delay in communication over 16 months of age could signify a problem
• Overly sensitive to light touch or sound or little to no response with pain
• More interest in objects than people
• Regression of previously learned skills
• Avoiding contact or becoming excessively irritable with no cause
• Non-verbal communication such as gestures and pointing and not compensating for audible words.
Discussing your concerns with your holistic pediatrician can be the best source of information when it comes to your child. If you would like to schedule an appointment to discuss your concerns about autism treatment in Monroe, call the staff at McQuinn Naturopathic today at (425) 905-2487. We are looking forward to hearing from you.