Millions of people every day suffer from some type of knee pain. Not only is it painful, it limits day-to-day activities and can lead to depression. Acupuncture in Marysville may be the solution you seek. No harmful pharmaceuticals or invasive surgery is required, and this treatment has proven positive results for many.
There are a variety of causes for knee pain, including debilitating arthritis, which can successfully be treated with acupuncture intervention. Others include:
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome occurs when the ITB rubs on prominent bony structures in the hip or thigh, causing irritation and inflammation.
- An ACL Tear happens when the ligament (behind the knee) rips from excessive force. Acupuncture can stabilize knee muscles, lessening the pain and swelling.
- Jumper’s Knee occurs from repeated high impact on the tendons and ligaments of the knee.
- Tears in the Knee Cartilage frequently develop after an injury, excessive wear and tear or overuse.
- Meniscus Tears and Injuries that are minor can be helped with acupuncture to the cushion on either side of the knee. This restores blood flow and pain control.
- MCL Strain is a common knee diagnosis. Acupuncture is highly effective in treating pain, inflammation and swelling due to this injury.
- Runner’s Knee or Patella Femoral Syndrome is a chronic condition that happens when the knee cap rubs roughly over the thigh bone.
- Osgood-Schlatter Disease, an adolescent condition.
- Prepatellar Tendonitis and Bursitis.
- Shin Splints from overuse.
Contact McQuinn Naturopathic for questions about acupuncture in Marysville or to schedule an appointment for your knee condition at (425)905-2487.