Have you recently been diagnosed with high blood pressure? Millions of people around the world suffer from this common issue. There are numerous ways to naturally lower your blood pressure, and there are naturopathic remedies offered for high blood pressure treatment in Monroe, as well.
Always discuss your health with your medical practitioner before starting a new health regimen. These strategies may help to lower your blood pressure without using medication.
- Regular, consistent exercise, at least 30 minutes each day, is good for everyone.
- Eat less sodium. Pre-prepared foods have much more sodium than you may have realized. Resist the temptation to salt your food before you taste it.
- Eat more foods that are high in potassium, like many fruits and vegetables.
- Lower your alcohol intake. Having over one or two drinks per day can raise your blood pressure.
- Reduce your caffeine intake.
- Eat moderate amounts of cocoa and dark chocolate! They contain flavonoids that dilate blood vessels.
- Better manage stress with yoga, listening to relaxing music or meditating.
- Lose weight.
- Stop smoking. Even reducing the number of cigarettes smoked each day can help.
- Eat more berries. They contain polyphenols that are good for your heart.
- Reduce added sugar and refined carbohydrates.
- Increase your consumption of calcium-rich foods or take a supplement.
- Take some natural supplements that help your heart like garlic, fish oil, and whey protein.
- Consume more magnesium with vegetables & whole grains
Talk with a naturopathic physician to discuss high blood pressure treatment in Monroe. The team at McQuinn Naturopathic can help you lower your blood pressure safely and help you achieve better health overall. Contact us at (425) 905-2487 for an appointment today.