Eggplant is considered by many to be a vegetable, but is in fact a fruit! Egg plant is an excellent source of nutrition. It is a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin B1, copper, manganese, vitamin B6, niacin, folate, and vitamin K, as well as phytonutrients including nasunin and chlorogenic acid.
Eggplant is considered to aid in weight loss, protect the digestive system, increase cognition, aid in diabetes management, improve cardiovascular health and more.
Try this grilled eggplant recipe to add this nutritious food into your diet.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Peel the eggplant, and then cut into 3/4-inch slices.
- Combine butter, garlic salt, and Italian seasonings; stir well.
- Brush eggplant slices with butter mixture, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place eggplant on grill; grill over medium heat 10 minutes or until tender, turning and basting occasionally.
McQuinn Naturopathic offers nutritional counseling for the entire family. Contact us at (425)905-2487 to learn more and get started.