Are you looking for a natural way to manage your high blood pressure? McQuinn Naturopathic is here to offer you high blood pressure treatment in Monroe that is safe, effective, and can save you in time, cost, and health risks. Before you set out on this venture, however, be sure to discuss with your doctor before you start any new health regimen. These strategies are designed to help you manage and lower your blood pressure without using medication, but always consult your doctor to make sure that this is a good option for your situation.
There are a variety of practices that you can undertake to manage your blood pressure without medication, including:
- At least 30 minutes of exercise per day that is regular and consistent.
- Lower salt consumption. Pre-prepared foods often have much more sodium than you might think. Be sure to lay off the salt, and keep track of your sodium so you can stay well within healthy limits for your blood pressure.
- Many fruits and vegetables are high in potassium, which is beneficial for managing blood pressure and lowering it, so be sure to incorporate these regularly into your diet.
- Many fruits, especially berries, also contain polyphenols that are incredibly beneficial for the heart.
- Reduce your consumption of added sugar and refined carbohydrates like bread and pasta.
- Lower your alcohol intake. Having more than one or two drinks daily can increase your blood pressure, and reducing caffeine intake can also lower blood pressure levels.
- Quit smoking. Even reducing the number of cigarettes smoked per day can help lower your blood pressure gradually.
- If you eat dark chocolate and cocoa in moderation, you can benefit from flavonoids that dilate blood vessels.
- Take steps to manage your stress effectively. Whether you like to meditate, read, listen to music, or do low-impact exercise, be sure to undertake activities that can help you keep stress levels low, which helps to lower blood pressure.
- Losing weight can also take a significant amount of stress off of your body, especially regarding joints and blood pressure.
- If possible, increase your consumption of calcium-rich foods like milk and dark, leafy greens, or take calcium supplements. You can also take heart-healthy supplements like garlic, fish oil, and whey protein.
- Increasing your magnesium consumption with vegetables and whole grains can also help you manage your blood pressure effectively.
The team at McQuinn Naturopathic wants to offer you practical, healthy high blood pressure treatment in Monroe without relying on medication to keep you in check. For more information about our naturopathic health services, or to schedule a consultation with our team, give us a call today at (425) 905-2487 to book an appointment.