Vitamin B-12 is important to overall body function, as it produces energy, helps to form red blood cells and aids in neurological function, synthesizes DNA and improves nerve cell health. This vitamin is available in numerous mostly animal-based food sources. Some people, however, are unable to properly absorb B-12, which can cause a type of anemia. Individuals who are deficient in B-12, whether from not eating properly or ineffective absorption, can benefit from vitamin B12 injections in Everett.
B12 shots are developed from the man-made version of the nutrient, called cyanocobalamin. The injections are highly concentrated and are most often administered by a doctor who has diagnosed the deficiency.
People at risk for lower levels of B12 can suffer from a multitude of symptoms that may include:
- Lethargy and fatigue
- Irritability or depression
- Issues with memory or understanding
- Feeling faint
- Balance problems
- Heart palpitations
- Ulcers in the mouth
- Changes in vision
- A tongue that is swollen, sore, pale yellow or very red
- Feeling pins and needles
There are numerous advantages to getting regular vitamin B12 injections. They include:
- Treatment of deficiency and avoiding symptoms
- Reducing the risk of vision loss, infertility, heart disease, coordination problems, peripheral neuropathy and babies with neural tube defects born of women with the deficiency
Since B12 shots are directly absorbed into the bloodstream, the effects occur virtually immediately.
For additional information about vitamin B12 injections in Everett or to schedule an evaluation to see if you are deficient, call McQuinn Naturopathic at (425) 905-2487. We will be happy to help you resolve the issue.