Changes in benefits coming for Washington Apple Health (Medicaid)
Effective January 1, 2014, these benefits change due to legislative action:
- Restores dental services for adults.
- Removes limits on mental health professional visits.
- Expands providers of mental health services.
- Covers the shingles vaccination for clients age 60 and older.
- Covers screening for autism for children up to 36 months of age.
- Covers naturopathic physicians providing primary care services.
- Covers screening, brief intervention, and referral for treatment (SBIRT) for substance abuse, including alcohol and drugs.
- Covers oral contraceptives prescriptions for 12 months at a time.
Subject to eligibility, these changes affect clients covered by managed care or fee-for-service.
For more information, visit www.hca.wa.gov/medicaid/pages/client.aspx