The differences between a conventional doctor and one who is knowledgeable in naturopathic medicine in Marysville are simple. Usually, a traditional physician focuses more on the symptoms of a medical condition, while a naturopathic doctor treats the source of the problem first. While a medical doctor makes liberal use of medications and surgical techniques, a naturopath takes advantage of treatments that emphasize vitamins, minerals, diet, meditation and other natural remedies.
A naturopathic doctor utilizes 6 important tenets in his or her practice to successfully treat many health issues:
- Do no harm by first emphasizing treatments that do not result in unwanted side effects.
- Recognize the internal power of the body to heal and repair itself with appropriate resources.
- Rather than focusing solely on symptoms of a problem, the source of the issue is addressed first.
- Each person is treated individually according to his specific needs. Focusing on a comprehensive program of healing yields excellent results.
- Patients are educated on their overall health and how to achieve the best solutions and are an integral part of the treatment program.
- Reduce the likelihood of future health problems by optimizing a healthy lifestyle.
A number of people see a naturopathic doctor as their primary care physician. Others have exhausted all traditional forms of treatment for their medical issues or have received substandard care from a medical practitioner.
Locating a reputable naturopathic physician within your metro area is as easy as an internet search. Ensure that the one you choose is a graduate of a program within the Association of Accredited Naturopathic Colleges.
Schedule your appointment at McQuinn Naturopathic for reassuring and effective naturopathic medicine in Marysville by calling (425)905-2487.