Having low T is a common issue for men, especially as they age. However, there is no single cause and no single cure to address the issue. Let us examine potential sources for the problem and effective natural low testosterone treatment in Arlington.
Low testosterone is also called hypogonadism and there are two types – primary and secondary. Primary hypogonadism is caused by testicular failure. This can be due to:
- Klinefelter Syndrome – Males are born with an extra X chromosome which leads to abnormal testicular development.
- Undescended testicles – The testicles do not descend from the abdomen into the scrotum prior to birth.
- Hemochromatosis – Increased iron absorption decreases testosterone production.
- Mumps – Having the mumps after you reach puberty can affect your testicles.
- Treatment for cancer – Chemotherapy lowers T levels.
- Injury – Trauma can affect T levels.
Secondary hypogonadism originates in the brain. Problems with the hypothalamus and pituitary gland can lead to:
- Pituitary disorders – Tumors impair testosterone function.
- Kallmann syndrome – Delayed or lack of reaching puberty.
- Inflammatory diseases like TB and sarcoidosis.
- Medication – Certain pharmacological treatments affect testosterone production.
- Stress and/or obesity
Contact the professionals at McQuinn Naturopathic at (425)905-2487 to schedule an appointment to obtain a blood test for this disorder and to discuss your options for low testosterone treatment in Arlington. You may be a candidate for natural remedies that include a specialized diet that emphasizes particular vitamins and minerals, an exercise and meditation program and herbal treatments. Regain your health and libido with no side effects and proven naturopathic methods.